NEW VIDEO! “Val (Manhattan Mix)”

Dadrian

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This one is a big deal to me. I hope you enjoy it! 

Love it ... Thankyou. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, daytona365 said:

not the diet coke...the Champagne of Jan Hammer - Grand Cru!

Yeah, that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

This one is a big deal to me. I hope you enjoy it! 

So much for bringing MV to life 35 years after! :clap:

Great version and as close to JH as it can get, but with a slightly different twist in the second half that resonates your personal approach to it!

I liked the inserted instrument explanation too!

I scored myself long time ago (Tim Truman tunes I tried) and this brings back memories....

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

with a slightly different twist in the second half that resonates your personal approach to it!

Thanks, Tom!

What is the twist? I had no intention to change anything from what’s heard in those scenes, but I trust your ears. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Thanks, Tom!

What is the twist? I had no intention to change anything from what’s heard in those scenes, but I trust your ears. 

Maybe I am mistaken (I did not analyze the JH score as you did and don’t remember it in detail by heart) but I thought there was some improvisation in the second half and not just a 1:1 arrangement ?

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Maybe I am mistaken (I did not analyze the JH score as you did and don’t remember it in detail by heart) but I thought there was some improvisation in the second half and not just a 1:1 arrangement ?

I did have to play some of the track that is muted while Tubbs and Valerie argue at the apartment (the music stops when she plays the answering machine, and picks back up as Tubbs is walking out), so that’s a bit of an improv (while I’m showing my instruments), but every note there is as it was originally played by Jan in “Rites of Passage” at the airport scene near the end. I chopped it at the same place Jan did for “Prodigal Son” though. :thumbsup:

If you or anyone ever hear a wrong or missing part of any cover, please let me know! I honestly welcome all help!

Edited by Dadrian