From Melbourne To Miami...

Tczar

Hi everybody! Am a long-time Miami Vice fan from Australia, and previously a sometime lurker on this site :shout: thought now would be a good time to make it official and join. Am looking forward to interacting with you all. Many thanks for the warm welcome too, much appreciated! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Welcome! There is obviously more mutuality between Melbourne and Miami than just the first letter! ;)

Thank you very much, Tom. Yes, much more to it than the first letter, he he... Melbourne, Australia... Melbourne, Florida :cool: no coincidence on the mutuality :thumbsup: if that's what you're referring to...

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Tczar:

Thank you very much, Tom. Yes, much more to it than the first letter, he he... Melbourne, Australia... Melbourne, Florida :cool: no coincidence on the mutuality :thumbsup: if that's what you're referring to...

I know what you mean. I am from Austria and I often gotta answer questions about our kangaroos :p

• Haha 5

Welcome to the premier Miami Vice website. Here you will find a lot of wonderful information and awesome members. I am looking forward to finding out how you became a fan. I always find that interesting. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Welcome! I think you are neighbors with one of our moderators @James.

Oh, really?? Excellent! The world is indeed a small place! So I take that to mean that James is most likely a fellow Aussie, and if not, is possibly from New Zealand?

13 hours ago, Tom said:

I know what you mean. I am from Austria and I often gotta answer questions about our kangaroos :p

I imagine that would indeed happen to you quite often! :) a lot of people around the world do indeed confuse us for each other often! And between both Austria and Australia, we have the top 2 most liveable cities in the world, so we can't complain :cool:

8 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

Welcome to the premier Miami Vice website. Here you will find a lot of wonderful information and awesome members. I am looking forward to finding out how you became a fan. I always find that interesting. :thumbsup:

Hello, Scot, thank you very much for the welcome, cheers! I am really looking forward to diving in deep and exploring all that the site has to offer, and am certainly looking forward to interacting with fellow members :)

As for how I became a fan, well, it goes like this...

I am now in my late 30s, so I was only very young when Miami Vice first started airing on TV. My earliest memories of it go back to the late 1980s and sitting down weekly to watch the last two seasons of the series with my mother, who loved the show, and I have very fond memories of doing that. It was mesmerising, there is something about 80s America that just had me hooked. I continued to watch re-runs of the series in to the 1990s and 2000s, and as I grew older, I really came to appreciate just how brilliant the series is. I purchased the box set of the entire series when it was released a few years back, and have continued to love the series since. I am also an 80s and general retro fanatic too, so that certainly hasn't hurt my love for Miami Vice either :thumbsup: and I am also a huge music fan, especially electronic music, and names like Jan Hammer and Giorgio Moroder are heroes of mine in that sense, so that all ties into my love for 80s Miami aesthetic as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miamijimf said:

WELCOME ABOARD TO A FELLOW FLORIDIAN.  MARTIN SAYS HI, THIS IS HIS HAPPY FACE.

Capture12.JPG.5a03b1896cd4fcfd30c483188e11d5d7.JPG

Thanks very much, miamijimf! And thanks to Martin too :clap: now that's a welcome!

I am actually from Melbourne in Australia :cool: not Melbourne in Florida, but it is a great pleasure to live in a city that shares the same name as one in the great State of Florida! 

Just wanted to give my welcome also.  You will find we are a friendly family with a wealth of information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Just wanted to give my welcome also.  You will find we are a friendly family with a wealth of information. 

Thank you so much, Vicefan7777Am looking forward to being a part of the community :cool:

18 hours ago, James said:

Welcome to the site fellow Melbournian! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, mate :cool: great to have some Melbourne company in here, cheers!

• Like 1