Mandela Effect with Miami Vice

AndrewRemington

The Mandela Effect is definitely an interesting topic. For those who don’t know, it is basically a false memory. Many people share false memories about movies, tv, music, world events, etc. Are there any false memories you have about Miami Vice? 

One for me is that I remember distinctly Crockett wearing a seafoam green shirt in his first outfit in “Brother’s Keeper/Pilot”, when in reality, it’s really a baby blue or ice blue. It could just be the tint off on my TV, but that’s all I got.

I’m sure there are probably more interesting Mandela Effect memories from the show. Perhaps you may remember a different song from an episode that’s no longer there? I thought this would be a fun topic.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

I have a memory of watching the show with my best friend and a scene of Sonny driving in the Testarossa with "Tonight Tonight Tonight" by Genesis playing.  When I rewatched the series as an adult I kept waiting for that scene, but it never turned up.  My only guess is that I heard that song and just associated it with the show because of Phil Collins voice, or the song playing during whatever scene we were watching was similar.  Maybe I dreamed it,,,,who knows.  Regardless, that particular song would've been a good choice for the show.

• Like 3

My first memory of MV is “Stone’s War”. I was 6 years old when we watched the original broadcast. The next day I was singing “don’t believe what I see, don’t believe what I see, yeah”. 

I can still remember this wrong lyric/melody of “When the Rain Comes Down” in my mind today. These tidbits are a big part of the reason the show is still fascinating to me today. It’s a direct link to my childhood mind. 

If I understand correctly, studies have shown that your memory works by remembering the last time you remembered something, for lack of better words. 

Also, listening in my car to Jan Hammer songs I’ve ripped from the DVDs makes images in my mind the way I think they look on the show. Sometimes when I watch an episode I’m shocked by how different my mental image of the scene is compared to how it actually looks on film. 

Great topic @AndrewRemington:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Cool stories, pals! “Tonight Tonight Tonight” is a great song, as well as “When the Rain Comes Down”. I frequently mishear lyrics in songs even to this day, but the interpretations from my childhood are much more funny than today.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

The Mandela Effect is definitely an interesting topic. For those who don’t know, it is basically a false memory. Many people share false memories about movies, tv, music, world events, etc. Are there any false memories you have about Miami Vice? 

One for me is that I remember distinctly Crockett wearing a seafoam green shirt in his first outfit in “Brother’s Keeper/Pilot”, when in reality, it’s really a baby blue or ice blue. It could just be the tint off on my TV, but that’s all I got.

I’m sure there are probably more interesting Mandela Effect memories from the show. Perhaps you may remember a different song from an episode that’s no longer there? I thought this would be a fun topic.

Nah it actually kind of looked green-ish teal in the old DVD's I think. The colours were off. But is corrected in later releases and current releases. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:03 AM, James said:

Nah it actually kind of looked green-ish teal in the old DVD's I think. The colours were off. But is corrected in later releases and current releases. 

That’s probably what I have. My DVDs say Universal copyright 2007 on the discs, but in the 2014 on the case. I think they just condensed the seasons down from the boxes to standard plastic cases?

The seafoam green I always remember as Sonny’s t-shirt color is like this... I think that is close to color of the walls at the OCB. And perhaps Sonny did wear a shirt this color sometime in the series?

85EEE7A4-CBCF-4CCE-A432-30FAD000285A.jpeg

1 hour ago, AndrewRemington said:

That’s probably what I have. My DVDs say Universal copyright 2007 on the discs, but in the 2014 on the case. I think they just condensed the seasons down from the boxes to standard plastic cases?

The seafoam green I always remember as Sonny’s t-shirt color is like this... I think that is close to color of the walls at the OCB. And perhaps Sonny did wear a shirt this color sometime in the series?

Maybe you were thinking of this?

42559979_1937244336362892_24283129923418

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Maybe you were thinking of this?

42559979_1937244336362892_24283129923418

Ah yes, that definitely looks seafoam green to me! Is that from “One Eyed Jack” or what episode?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb AndrewRemington:

Ah yes, that definitely looks seafoam green to me! Is that from “One Eyed Jack” or what episode?

Yes. And it was special - the first scene that EJO filmed as Castillo after arriving in Miami, one day after he signed the contract (after he denied a dozen times and Michael Mann called as often and raised the salary each time) :D