Whats the name of crockets jeans in "Bad Timing" ?

UniqueMercy

In the episode Bad Timing season 5, crockett was wearing jeans with ripping on the knees. Does anyone know which exact jeans he was wearing ?

IMG_20200607_084156.jpg

Definitely Levi’s 501s. You can tell they’re Levi’s by the back pocket stitching and the leather patch. You can also tell their 501s specifically because 501s have a button fly which has a second denim part where the zipper would be.

I’m a big Levi’s fan. They are the original, first jeans company.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 3

• Administrators

When I read the title I thought to myself the name of those jeans are called “ripped”. I remembered the knees then when your thread opened and I saw you state they were ripped I had to change my smart Alec remark slightly. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniqueMercy said:

I thought so too but the thing is that i could not find any jeans with the same ripping like the ones in this episode.

Well, they were definitely custom ripped, lol. I don’t think you could buy pre-ripped jeans in the 80s (but I’m not 100% sure on that). I think the whole ripped jeans trend started with the Ramones in the 70s, if I’m not mistaken.

• Administrators

I know my cousins back then used to spend a $100.00 bucks on jean which I thought was insane especially back then and as soon as they got them home they’d cut the crap out of the knees and the rear pockets. I would watch in horror thinking they were just plain nuts. :birdie:

20 hours ago, timm525 said:

I know my cousins back then used to spend a $100.00 bucks on jean which I thought was insane especially back then and as soon as they got them home they’d cut the crap out of the knees and the rear pockets. I would watch in horror thinking they were just plain nuts. :birdie:

That is nuts! But some people pull off the look well... 

On 6/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, UniqueMercy said:

In the episode Bad Timing season 5, crockett was wearing jeans with ripping on the knees. Does anyone know which exact jeans he was wearing ?

IMG_20200607_084156.jpg

Yes they are a great look here in this scene.