Sonny and Caroline’s House FOR SALE!!!

Marco Falcone

Re-watching the series from the beginning.  AGAIN.   Still so incredible.   So many episodes in the first 2 seasons were as good or better than any cop/crime movie you would see in the theaters back then.  

Anyway, watched Calerone’s Return, Part 1 last night.    Fantastic.    One of my top 10 eps.

After I Google up Sonny and Caroline’s house where the final shootout between Ludevico and the Vice team takes place.   119 Harbor Dr., Key Biscayne FL.

IT’S FOR SALE!!!

They are asking $1,425,000 for the place.   3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.     Nice yard with a pool.   Membership in the “Beach Club.”

Seems pretty expensive for a 3/2 under 2000 square feet.  (That’s SF Bay Area/Silicon Valley expensive!)

No mention of its Vice provenance on any of the realty sites, but that has to part of the asking price.   Or am I just completely ignorant of Key Biscayne real Estate?

Here are some snaps from Realtor.com:

Front of the house with the window Zubiena jumped through, and the backyard.

In other pics on the site, the yellow fire hydrant and two yellow bollards are still there!

0D26D360-B28C-4F2D-8E64-7014B35AC2C5.jpeg

4A181829-ECB2-40EA-A2A3-2D76E6011B8B.jpeg

6E6A921E-92B5-4626-B159-79FA9F837DB9.jpeg

Edited by Marco Falcone
  • Like 3

Where I live, that’s about the right price for a house like that with a pool in a nice neighborhood.

But I was still under the impression that even “expensive” Florida was still a bit cheaper than where I am, at least for a “normal” house.   

Would be fun to get some people to invest in buying it and restoring it to “screen accurate.”    Then setting up the backyard with a little proper neon and such to make it look like some of the outdoor clubs in the first 2 seasons.   Park a McBurnie in the garage and Caroline’s station wagon in the driveway.  Fill one of the closets with Vice clothing of various sizes.

Then rent it out for Vice-themed weekend escapes, honeymoons, parties, corporate events, etc.

I know,  it’s a total (crack) pipe dream...   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Marco Falcone said:

Would be fun to get some people to invest in buying it and restoring it to “screen accurate.”    Then setting up the backyard with a little proper neon and such to make it look like some of the outdoor clubs in the first 2 seasons.   Park a McBurnie in the garage and Caroline’s station wagon in the driveway.  Fill one of the closets with Vice clothing of various sizes. Then rent it out for Vice-themed weekend escapes, honeymoons, parties, corporate events, etc. I know,  it’s a total (crack) pipe dream...   

I live near Miami and if I won the lottery I'd do almost the exact same thing. Not sure about the "Vice-themed weekend escapes and corporate events", but I'd definitely have a place that's decked out Neon lights, 80's decor, paint jobs, cars, clothes, the works. I'd throw my own private parties for family and friends and everyone gets a "goody-bag" of some 80's themed trinkets or whatever (maybe a pastel colored headband/wristband or something).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 2:17 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

I live near Miami and if I won the lottery I'd do almost the exact same thing. Not sure about the "Vice-themed weekend escapes and corporate events", but I'd definitely have a place that's decked out Neon lights, 80's decor, paint jobs, cars, clothes, the works. I'd throw my own private parties for family and friends and everyone gets a "goody-bag" of some 80's themed trinkets or whatever (maybe a pastel colored headband/wristband or something).

This, this, THIS!

And to quote the immortal Jeff Spicoli...

”And YOU GUYS are invited!”

• Like 1

i think it pays the neighborhood. i'm not a 'MV surgeon' myself but if i remember correctly Key B. is where Miami most expensive houses are. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think this is where the Big Mc Carthy house was

if i'd have to rent it for a party i wouldn't put a Mc B. in the garage, or locked behind a bullet proof glass

this being said, the house is really cool. hidden in the vegetation, discrete. definitely the kind of house i could buy. but the price is insane. i mean this is a 200k € max in a normal neighborhood

Edited by jpaul1