Bad Guys/Girls You Like

AndrewRemington

More often than not, I despise the villains in “Miami Vice”, but rarely I’ll like them for some reason.

Obviously number one is Jackie from “Little Miss Dangerous”. She’s much too beautiful to hate. To just be with her once and get killed... Hey, it might be worth it! LOL

I also like Frank Hackman. It’s very sad he killed children and Caitlin and others, but there’s something likable about the guy. He’s such an iconic villain. He scammed his way out of death row and smiled in Crockett’s face admitting he killed Frankel.

The Argentinian is another one. Kind of hate the guy, but he almost seemed human and likable when he’s sitting by that kid on the bench.

Are there any bad guys/girls you like?

• Like 2

Grocero from "Smuggler's Blues"

Maximillian Ildefonse (aka Legba) from "Tale of The Goat"

"The Savage" from "Duty and Honor"

Edited by OCBman
mistake
  • Like 1

How could I forget about Al Lombard? Dennis Farina is just a very likable guy (R.I.P.). Especially in his own episode, “Lombard”, they made him seem like a real down-to-earth guy. Interesting he still had a very thick Chicago accent (I know that’s where Farina was from), maybe his character was born and raised in Chicago. I don’t think they said where he was raised. Anyway, I was definitely sad when he died in “World of Trouble”.

Maynard as mentioned. Callie and Charlie from DM (ever notice how Sonny and Charlie have very similar names, right down to syllable count?). The punks from Nobody Lives Forever. The Savage and his handler from Duty and Honor. And Sonny Burnett himself. The Burnett arc is loaded with great bad guys and a gal or two.

• Like 1

Al Lombard, Jackie, Laurence Thurmond, Sean Carroon. Miguel Carrera as well,  I kind of felt sorry for him because it seemed to me that he was stuck in the criminal world trying to impress his father.  He didn't need that life especially with him being well educated, he could have been a lawyer or something and stayed alive.

• Like 1

My top three are Glenn Frey’s character Jimmy Cole (which is who I got my name from). Even though he isn’t a bad guy in the end he still is a smuggler who only looked out for himself. Second is probably everyone’s favorite Al Lombard and third I’d have to say Frank Mosca.

• Like 3

Jimmy Cole! Yes! I wouldn’t see him as too much of a bad guy but he was still a smuggler. Glenn Frey was just too cool of a guy! I wish he would have returned for more episodes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Jimmy Cole! Yes! I wouldn’t see him as too much of a bad guy but he was still a smuggler. Glenn Frey was just too cool of a guy! I wish he would have returned for more episodes.

If I’m correct he was supposed to come back for another episode but there was an issue with his schedule and couldn’t return. It’s too bad he passed You Belong to the City was perfect for vice and my all time favorite song

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cole said:

If I’m correct he was supposed to come back for another episode but there was an issue with his schedule and couldn’t return. It’s too bad he passed You Belong to the City was perfect for vice and my all time favorite song

Yeah, he was supposed to come back in “Trust Fund Pirates” but since he couldn’t make it they replaced him with the character of Jackson Crane. Yes, “You Belong to the City” is one of my favorite songs ever!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Yeah, he was supposed to come back in “Trust Fund Pirates” but since he couldn’t make it they replaced him with the character of Jackson Crane. Yes, “You Belong to the City” is one of my favorite songs ever!

That would've been cool.  For some reason that's not one of my favorites of S2, so Glenn returning might've helped.  Everytime I hear "You Belong to the City" I feel like finding a pair of slip-ons and walking to the beat of the song.  I should do that in my neighborhood one day....white blazer, cigarette dangling out my mouth...and walk around trying to look cool.  If nothing else I'd get a youtube fail video out of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

That would've been cool.  For some reason that's not one of my favorites of S2, so Glenn returning might've helped.  Everytime I hear "You Belong to the City" I feel like finding a pair of slip-ons and walking to the beat of the song.  I should do that in my neighborhood one day....white blazer, cigarette dangling out my mouth...and walk around trying to look cool.  If nothing else I'd get a youtube fail video out of it!

To be honest I did that once before didn’t dress the part but it sure was fun. I went for the part in the music video at the end where he walks out of the building puts on his sunglasses. :)

I also forgot about Vinnie DeMarco and Alfredo Giulinni. Joe Dallesandro is such a cool guy in both roles. He really knows how to play a classic cool Italian-American tough guy.

• Like 3

I agree. Alfredo Giulinni is my favourite Vice villain. Evil, ruthless, smart, wisecracking and Joe was fantastic in the role. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

Evil, ruthless, smart, wisecracking and Joe was fantastic in the role. 

Agreed, and well said. :thumbsup:

• Like 1