Your least favorite episodes

Jimmy Cole

I’m just curious of your opinions on episodes you weren’t really fond of. Are there any episodes you guys didn’t really care for other than the episodes that are known to be bad like Missing Hours and the Big Thaw for example?

“Freefall.” A big downer. Even though I hate the ending of Crockett & Tubbs quitting, I like the the throwback to the pilot with the question: “Ever consider a career in southern law enforcement?”

• Like 1

It's crazy because I was just thinking about Freefall and what a disappointment it was to me at the time.  

Disappointing for several reasons:  first, because it meant the end of a favorite series; second, because at the time I felt the storyline was depressing and not that original.  

Did love that reprise of the pilot in Crockett's last line, and also loved the montage of scenes from the past five seasons.

While I still don't like Freefall and feel it had faults as an episode and also that the show deserved more closure for each of the characters comprising the team, today it feels like a fitting ending for two cops who have been burned once too often by the ones who are supposed to be part of the same team; the final straw in a long downhill sequence.  It does end with a feeling of hope that Crockett and Tubbs will each move on to a life that will give them another chance at happiness.

• Like 2

Victims of Circumstance.  My gripes with this one were made quite clear in the S5 episode discussion.  I'd probably watch "The Big Thaw" before "Victims", for some laughs at least.

Least favorites in no special order:

Junk Love, Jack of all Trades, Too Much, Too Late, and Child's Play.  :thumbsdown:

13 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Victims of Circumstance.  My gripes with this one were made quite clear in the S5 episode discussion.  I'd probably watch "The Big Thaw" before "Victims", for some laughs at least.

I can’t watch that one again. It makes me too upset. I just can’t deal with someone killing Holocaust survivors, even if it’s fiction. That’s just too awful for me to sit through.

13 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Least favorites in no special order:

Junk Love, Jack of all Trades, Too Much, Too Late, and Child's Play.  :thumbsdown:

Jim! “Junk Love” and “Child’s Play” are great episodes! I’m shocked but you are entitled to your opinion! :)

Everybody's in Showbiz

Baby Blues

The whole Caitlin saga

Amen Send Money

Missing Hours

Cows of October

The Big Thaw

Contempt of Court (what a boring episode)

Vote of Confidence (another major yawn)

Streetwise

Afternoon Plane

Heroes of the Revolution

Freefall

• Like 1

These are some of the them, that I can think of now and that I might skip.

"Junk Love," "Trust Fund Pirates," "Free Verse," "Cows of October," "Free Fall," "Kill Shot." Some episodes of S5. 

I think S1 is almost the only flawless season to me. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

I really want to enjoy "Bushido" but it always bores the hell out of me. The pre-credits scene is awesome and I like the final confrontation "Surf's up Pal" but the rest is very dry and underwritten. The premise of Castillo protecting his old friend's wife and kid seems cool but they should've kept C&Ts with Castillo at all times, He can't carry a whole episode by himself.

18 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Vote of Confidence (another major yawn)

That one felt like when Fat Bastard stole Austin Powers' Mojo, Someone stole MV's mojo :eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I really want to enjoy "Bushido" but it always bores the hell out of me. The pre-credits scene is awesome and I like the final confrontation "Surf's up Pal" but the rest is very dry and underwritten. 

Ah yes I forgot to mention "Bushido," I also find it really boring and slow-paced. I think the same way regarding opening and closing scene, as you. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Ah yes I forgot to mention "Bushido," I also find it really boring and slow-paced. I think the same way regarding opening and closing scene. 

Jan Hammer must have thought the same thing, like: “man, I gotta make great music all the way through this or someone might change the channel”. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“Bushido” is a fantastic episode! Very great Castillo episode. I mean where else will you see Castillo hug a man, have tears in his eyes, and then have to shoot the man just seconds after? Then a woman stabs Castillo and he still helps save her life. Wow.

But the Jan Hammer music only perfects the episode!

Edited by AndrewRemington

4 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

“Bushido” is a fantastic episode! Very great Castillo episode. I mean where else will you see Castillo hug a man, have tears in his eyes, and then have to shoot the man just seconds after? But the Jan Hammer music only perfects the episode!

That was cool I admit and having to give a thumbs down to an episode that involves Castillo wielding a Katana pains me to do.:)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

“Bushido” is a fantastic episode! Very great Castillo episode. I mean where else will you see Castillo hug a man, have tears in his eyes, and then have to shoot the man just seconds after? Then a woman stabs Castillo and he still helps save her life. Wow.

But the Jan Hammer music only perfects the episode!

I am with you, its a great episode. I find it more interesting than boring.

We are learning more about Castillo's past.

• Like 1

I notice a lot of season 4 episodes here I feel like I have the unpopular opinion that it’s not as bad since Death and the Lady is one of my favorites, but I’m surprised I got into vice since Cows of October was one of the first episodes I watched and those strings of not so good episodes that followed until a Bullet for Crockett then the Burnett arc.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cole said:

I notice a lot of season 4 episodes here I feel like I have the unpopular opinion that it’s not as bad since Death and the Lady is one of my favorites, but I’m surprised I got into vice since Cows of October was one of the first episodes I watched and those strings of not so good episodes that followed until a Bullet for Crockett then the Burnett arc.

Death and the Lady is very good. I just dislike that re-used shot of Crockett driving they took from "Shadow in the dark" where he has short hair. There's another one where his Scarab miraculously turns into the old Stinger back again. :(

Edited by Vincent Hanna
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Death and the Lady is very good. I just dislike that re-used shot of Crockett driving they took from "Shadow in the dark" where he has short hair. There's another one where his Scarab miraculously turns into the old Stinger back again. :(

I agree, its a major goof and sort of ruins the ending.

They should have got a re-used footage of the car with you just seeing him driving without the internal view.

3 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

The “Edge of Town scene” as I call it really sets the tone but to be honest I never noticed Crockett’s short hair until I rewatched it and wasn’t so entranced with the story.

4 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

There's another one where his Scarab miraculously turns into the old Stinger back again. :(

That’s in “God’s Work” I think. 

28 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

That’s in “God’s Work” I think. 

Actually, it’s the end boat chase scene in “Baseballs of Death”. Even with this flub, I still really enjoy that scene! I’m glad that guy got blown up! :)

Edited by AndrewRemington

Actually, it’s the end boat chase scene in “Baseballs of Death”. Even with this flub, I still really enjoy that scene! I’m glad that guy got blown up! :)

Oops. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Oops. Thanks. 

No problem! I did look up and there is a goof in the “God’s Work” boat scene. According to miamivice.fandom: “Boat chase scene starts in what appears to be dusk or dawn, but switches to middle of the day a few seconds later.”

• Like 1

No problem! I did look up and there is a goof in the “God’s Work” boat scene. According to miamivice.fandom: “Boat chase scene starts in what appears to be dusk or dawn, but switches to middle of the day a few seconds later.”

Has anyone ever noticed Filipe’s pants are pinned in the back (to fit him) when he stands up all wet on the sand bar? How hard is it to fit a guy for a suit with a budget like MV had?? :) 

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Has anyone ever noticed Filipe’s pants are pinned in the back (to fit him) when he stands up all wet on the sand bar? How hard is it to fit a guy for a suit with a budget like MV had?? :) 

I never noticed that! Lol. I bet it’s probably very noticeable on the BluRays.

25 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Different times of the day for sure.

(Day)

day.png

(Dusk)

Untidusk.png

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1