A request for the hardcore Vice location fans....

TylerDurden389

Hi everyone, I have a huge favor to ask. I wanna take some pics of some of the most popular Vice shooting locations, but I don't exactly live around the corner from there (I'm in Hollywood, about 20 miles north). I can't really just 'wing it' or simply go to 3-4 spots and then go back another time for days at a time, as it's not practical. What I'd like to do is basically spend a few days scoping out all the locations, starting from the southern-most point, and working my way back home in the most linear path possible. I have 37 locations on my list. I figure if I get the southern-most locations done first, then the next time I continue, I won't have to drive south as much and each 'trek' will be a little bit easier and faster.

The real challenge is having a linear path that requires the least amount of backtracking when it comes to navigating the streets. So basically it's that thing where I'd like to go from the southern most point, working my way back up north without essentially turning myself into a human pinball going all over the place. I figure you guys are into this sorta thing when it comes to scoping out locations, trivia, quotes and so forth, and since none of us can really travel right now (as I'm sure some of you probably planned on visiting SoBe some time this year) this could be a fun way for you guys to vicariously 'see the sights' through me. Call me your Miami Vessel, lol.

I've been thinking of doing this since before I even moved down here, and I've been rewatching the series recently and taking notes. I would've liked to do it a lot sooner, but my job hours/days off make it almost impossible (late nights and weekends). TBH I'm stil not sure when I'll make time for this, so there's really no rush for how long it takes for us to come up with a game plan. I haven't rewatched seasons 4&5 yet, but given that I only wanna scope out a few locations from season 3, I doubt there's anywhere from season 4&5 I'll be interested in. The sad thing about the later seasons of the show was how the city itself was no longer a 'character' on the show they way I feel it was in the first 2 seasons.

Alright, onto the list:

S1 - E1 Brother's Keeper

1. Carlyle - 1250 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
2. Underpass where Eddie is killed - 1300 NW 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33136
3. Marina where Sonny's St. Vitus houseboat resides -  401 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
4. Diner/restaurant C&T eat at with Izzy -  1438 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
5. Berray's Cafe (phonebooth) - Watson Island
6. Road Crockett drives down to find Calderone after his release
7. Bridge C&T drive down at end of episode - I-195
8. The spot where we see the Miami skyline from across the water (end of opening credits)
  1000 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, FL, 33132

S1 E3 Cool Running

9. Triangular building (22:00)
10.  Nightclub when C&T turn around (39:40)

S1 E4 Hit List

11. Giant square glass cube building (07:40)  2025 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL, 33129
12. Lighthouse (31:32)

S1 E6 One Eyed Jack

13. "S" Pink/blue neon sign in restaurant (22:00)
14. Land's edge/Marina that overlooks Miami skyline (44:00)

S1 E7 No Exit

15. Opening scene
16. House Bruce Willis lives in (7:45)
17. Dade Police station
Courthouse - 73 W Flagler St Miami, FL 33130

S1 E19 Nobody Lives Forever

18. Brenda's house (27:00)  3067 Jefferson Street, Miami, FL, 33133
19. Final shootout (45:00)

S1 E20 Evan

20. Glass House (10:09)
21. Gas Station (27:00)

S2 - Dutch Oven

22. Dynamo sex club

S2 E2 Whatever Works

23. 23:00 Beach/shore where crooks in white Porsche are killed

S2 E5 Bought and Paid For

24. Bridge where Crockett stops Niko

S2 E9 Bushido

25. Bathroom on the beach at the start of the episode

S2 Definitely Miami

26. Hotel at start of the episode
27. Bridge @ 25:30

S2 Yankee Dollar

28. Sarah's house (Hollywood Beach)

S2 Little Miss Dangerous

29. Sex World (might be same location from episode 3)

S2 French Twist

30. Mall Danielle is at (24:50)
31. Dock where the deal is made (45:00)

S2 The Fix

32. Beach view judge cries at (31:55)
33. Beach view where Sonny drives to at the end (45:50)

S3 El Viejo

34. Dock at start of episode

S3 Irish Eyes

35. Overlook where Gina and Liam Nieson have their date (10:00)

Stone's War

36. Parking garage where C&T meet with agents (31:17)

Teresa

37. Crockett encounters explosion (15:25)

I put the timestamps in parenthesis to help guide you all who remember the show way more than me and know exactly which locations I'm talking about. I ditched the episode numbers halfway through season 2 since I've been rewatching the show in production date order, rather than air date. So my episode list is different. I kept the list to mostly outdoor locations, as I doubt most the clubs/restaurants, etc... are still there (or if they are, under a different name). I do plan on scoping out some of Miami's current venues that tourists go to (bars, restaurants, etc...) and having a drink or 2 (as I'd like to start a blog on my youtube channel using Miami Vice music and synthwave music in the background of these videos), but that obviously will have to wait a long time until they either create a vaccine, or at the very least, the number of new cases really drops significantly. Florida is having a huge spike right now, and Miami unfortunately has the most cases compared to every other county in the entire state. As for actual homes used on the shows, obviously I don't wanna freak out the owners when a guy dressed like it's still 1985 is standing on the sidewalk in front of their homes lol (though I'd imagine there've been tourists that have tried, lol).

Anyway, I'll be using the message board (particularly the 'locations' and 'travel' sections) to help guide me & come up with a game plan, but I know you guys will do a way better job with coming up with a "Itinerary" than I can. Good luck and thanks to all those who participate!!!

Edited by TylerDurden389

Wow that's quite a  list and a worthwhile journey.  Lots of locations and would take several days to do it right.  First thought is you can get the addresses from CGlide's site (with many maps)as well as usually learn if the locations still exist.  http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

Second thought is, if you want to travel S to N you probably want to start at the Cape Florida Lighthouse on Key Biscayne.  I'll have to give some thought to the route you should take.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. Truth be told, if we can get something going here, maybe we can have it pinned elsewhere on this site for any fans of the show that travel down here for vacation (someday when the virus is no longer an issue) and do the same thing. Heck, we can even come up with smaller and alternate routes for those just wanna sight-see for a half a day.

On 7/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

What I'd like to do is basically spend a few days scoping out all the locations, starting from the southern-most point, and working my way back home in the most linear path possible

9, 13, 33 I'm not sure what scenes these are?

23, 28 are near you.

In order south to north:

South of the river

• Key Biscayne - 12, 35, 27
  • 30 - Mayfair
  • 18 - Brenda
  • 11 - Atlantis
  • 36 - Greenberg
  • 37 - Miami Ave bridge
  • 31 - Jose Marti
  • 21 - gas station

North of the river

• 34, 3 - Bayside
  • 17 - courthouse
  • 2 - underpass
  • 10 - Biscayne (gone)
  • 6 - Biscayne
  • 16 - Pink House

Causeways

• Port of Miami
  • 5, 14 - Watson Island
  • 24 - Venetian
  • 7, 32 - 195

Miami Beach

• 22 - 685 Washington
  • 1 - 1250 Ocean
  • 19 - 1300 Ocean
  • 25 - 1400 Ocean (bathroom was demolished and replaced)
  • 15 - 1400 Ocean
  • 29 - 1450 Collins
  • 4 - 1438 Washington
  • 26 - Sunset Island
  • 20 - 4 Points

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thanks AirTommy, this will definitely help a lot.

You should check out Castillo's house at 3351 Poinciana Avenue.  It looked like it was under renovation or was bulldozed.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

You should check out Castillo's house at 3351 Poinciana Avenue.  It looked like it was under renovation or was bulldozed.

Poinciana is a gated community now and I am not sure how strict they are for allowing entrance...

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Poinciana is a gated community now and I am not sure how strict they are for allowing entrance...

Wasn't it always gated?  I had no trouble getting in.

Gerade eben schrieb airtommy:

Wasn't it always gated?  I had no trouble getting in.

No, it was gated a few years ago. When we found the Bayview Motel in Asian Cut for example Google Streetview worked. Now Streetview is banned there.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

No, it was gated a few years ago. When we found the Bayview Motel in Asian Cut for example Google Streetview worked. Now Streetview is banned there.

The gate and guardhouse are visible in 2008 Google Street View.  Here is a clear view of the guard himself in 2011:

poinciana.png.3f51d2e0753af7932d6d0749f6ec1e09.png

• 2 months later...

I recently moved closer to my job, though granted I'm still about 20 miles away from Miami Beach. Except now instead of North, I'm out west. I took a few pics and vids the other day, as I work the morning shift now, and I can wake up early to watch the sunrise on my days off. This is just some random stuff I took over the past few months. The sunrise was this past Tuesday. I plan on doing the official "shooting location scouting" when the crappy weather clears up and the temperatures go down a bit (It's still very hot out during the day).

IMG_20200929_075758545_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200729_184156836_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200729_184304357.jpg

IMG_20200929_070809164.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 4

vor 6 Stunden schrieb TylerDurden389:

Forgot to post this one. Anyone care to guess which house this is, and from which episode?

IMG_20200818_142557847_HDR.jpg

Yankee Dollar. Sarah‘s Apartment.

• Like 1