Happy Birthday, timm525 !

Tony D.

Today I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to a neighbor of mine and one of our top Administrators ………….  timm525 ! :cake: :cheers: :gift: :tasse_prost: :balloon: :fireworks:

Tim also has more than 1 million posts ! :wuerg: :thumbsup:

Enjoy your Birthday, Tim …..maybe I'll see you in Publix one of these days.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

Happy Birthday Tim!  We can never thank you enough for taking over the reigns here!  Hope all is well in Florida, have a great day buddy!

:thumbsup::gift::cake::radio::cheers: 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 7/10/2020 at 8:01 AM, Ferrariman said:

Happy Birthday Tim!  We can never thank you enough for taking over the reigns here!  Hope all is well in Florida, have a great day buddy!

:thumbsup::gift::cake::radio::cheers: 

Team, 

Thank you all for the kind birthday wishes and words. Ferrariman, I’m only too happy to have stepped up to the plate and keep this place going. It is a pleasure and an honor sir. 

Here as some updates on me and what I’ve been up to, sorry this is a little long winded...but here goes:

I have a small two bedroom, two bath, two car garage home. Space is tight and real estate expensive in my home. My second bedroom had become the universal “junk room” as it were. It had a 20 year old nasty carpet that had been way beyond cleaning and more crap...ie...junk then you can shake a stick at piled in there. So I decided to clean it out...completely and start “anew” as it were. Get rid of all the junk, the nasty carpet and make a nice clean gym that I can wok out in and be happy and inspired.

To back up, in December my cardiologist “suggested” I lose 20 lbs. image.gif

I decided he was right and therefore I was going to do it. My brother had just lost 50 lbs on Keto and he and I had always been the same size, weight, frame and height... So I figured if he could do it, I could too. So I started out. YouTube being my friend and personal trainer. I went on keto, one meal a day, intermittent fasting, 48 hour fasts, and lots of lots of weight lifting. Fast forward 7 months, I lost 63 lbs (216 lbs to 153 lbs) as of last week when I went to see my cardiologist again. He couldn’t believe it. I said “you told me I was fat, you said I needed to lose 20 lbs, then you started in with all those fat jokes you made. You hurt my feelings, and I didn’t know what to do so I stopped eating...“ image.gif He knew I was teasing him but that’s just my goofy personality.

So what I did in preparation for this is I bought “stall mats” from Tractor Supply, Click —>  here . I bought 7 of them to do the entire room. They do have a few draw backs one should be aware of and I knew this before I bought them from doing my on line research due diligence. One is they reek! Like majorly as in tire factory majorly stink. They are made of recycled rubber tires and have that rubber oily smell to them. So in order to help get rid of that smell, it is advised on YouTube and the internet that you take them home and wash/scrub them with a degreaser and leave them outside in the hot sun for a few days to help off gas that smell prior to putting them in your house unless you want it to smell like a rubber factory for six months. Seeing how bad they smelled when I got them home, there was no way I wanted to smell that in my house till Christmas...Christmas of like 2025! So what I did is I pressure washed them first with Simple Green until I ran out and then I used Dawn dish soap on both sides. I elected to leave them outside in the hot blazing sun for a total of two months! Yes, not a few days, but for two whole months. I bought them at the beginning of May and they were in my driveway being rained on, pooped on, driven over, and pressure washed on both sides for two whole months. I installed them last week. They do still have a slight odor but it is very tollarable and only in that room, not the whole house which was my fear initially. That smell was gawd awful nausing when I bought them.

Secondly, another draw back is they are cut to a “nominal size“. They are 4’x6’x3/4” but that 4x6 part varies on the length up to one full inch on some of the mats. I actually had to measure each one out on the driveway any put them on a piece of paper so I could lay them out accordingly and get them to “match up” as best I could.

Thirdly, cutting them is a real chore. Best way is a very sharp razor utility knive and a straight edge. Be prepared to make 20 or so passes to cut all the way through and replace the blades often.

Fourthly, they are crazy heavy and darn near impossible for one small guy to handle alone. They are as I said 4’x6’x3/4” thick and they are very dense and stiff and not to mention heavy. Like 105 lbs heavy each one. Bulky and awkward to handle alone. I had all I could do to flip them over on the other side and or to roll them up and tie them off in a roll to dolly them inside the house. I should have forgotten then gym equipment and just heafted those babies around every day for exercise! image.gif

Lastly they are very dense which is great if you want to drop weights on them and or put heavy equipment or even have horses stand on them all day! But you would not want to do Yoga on them or even lay down on them. Its like laying on concrete.

With that being said, I love them now that they are all in. I do need to get some black silicone caulk from Lowes and caulk a few of the joints I couldn’t get tight and was disappointed with no matter how much I tried to compress them and tighten them up. That’s because they were not square to begin with and if I had to try and cut each one square, I’d still be in there. Black caulk will hide a lot of sins.

So here is the before and after pics. I’m very happy to have my dedicated gym now. BTY, that Bowflex is about 28 years old. It spent the first 27 years or more being the best close line dryer I ever owned. It has gotten more use in the last 7 months for what it was intended for, exercising, then in the first 27 years combined! image.gif

So, today I’m at my Crockett weight of 160lbs. I also happen to be at 5’10. My next phase goal is to get to 8% body fat and then end up settling at 10% once everything evens out. 

Thanks for reading.

E05DDDAC-49DF-491E-BB28-A90366E494EA.jpeg

1E6816AD-25FD-430E-821C-3FA179AAE24D.jpeg

46CA92FB-11F5-4FF4-9CCA-7645B23D555B.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Team, 

Thank you all for the kind birthday wishes and words. Ferrariman, I’m only too happy to have stepped up to the plate and keep this place going. It is a pleasure and an honor sir. 

Here as some updates on me and what I’ve been up to, sorry this is a little long winded...but here goes:

I have a small two bedroom, two bath, two car garage home. Space is tight and real estate expensive in my home. My second bedroom had become the universal “junk room” as it were. It had a 20 year old nasty carpet that had been way beyond cleaning and more crap...ie...junk then you can shake a stick at piled in there. So I decided to clean it out...completely and start “anew” as it were. Get rid of all the junk, the nasty carpet and make a nice clean gym that I can wok out in and be happy and inspired.

To back up, in December my cardiologist “suggested” I lose 20 lbs. image.gif

I decided he was right and therefore I was going to do it. My brother had just lost 50 lbs on Keto and he and I had always been the same size, weight, frame and height... So I figured if he could do it, I could too. So I started out. YouTube being my friend and personal trainer. I went on keto, one meal a day, intermittent fasting, 48 hour fasts, and lots of lots of weight lifting. Fast forward 7 months, I lost 63 lbs (216 lbs to 153 lbs) as of last week when I went to see my cardiologist again. He couldn’t believe it. I said “you told me I was fat, you said I needed to lose 20 lbs, then you started in with all those fat jokes you made. You hurt my feelings, and I didn’t know what to do so I stopped eating...“ image.gif He knew I was teasing him but that’s just my goofy personality.

So what I did in preparation for this is I bought “stall mats” from Tractor Supply, Click —> [url=https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat?cm_vc=-10005] here [/url]. I bought 7 of them to do the entire room. They do have a few draw backs one should be aware of and I knew this before I bought them from doing my on line research due diligence. One is they reek! Like majorly as in tire factory majorly stink. They are made of recycled rubber tires and have that rubber oily smell to them. So in order to help get rid of that smell, it is advised on YouTube and the internet that you take them home and wash/scrub them with a degreaser and leave them outside in the hot sun for a few days to help off gas that smell prior to putting them in your house unless you want it to smell like a rubber factory for six months. Seeing how bad they smelled when I got them home, there was no way I wanted to smell that in my house till Christmas...Christmas of like 2025! So what I did is I pressure washed them first with Simple Green until I ran out and then I used Dawn dish soap on both sides. I elected to leave them outside in the hot blazing sun for a total of two months! Yes, not a few days, but for two whole months. I bought them at the beginning of May and they were in my driveway being rained on, pooped on, driven over, and pressure washed on both sides for two whole months. I installed them last week. They do still have a slight odor but it is very tollarable and only in that room, not the whole house which was my fear initially. That smell was gawd awful nausing when I bought them.

Secondly, another draw back is they are cut to a “nominal size“. They are 4’x6’x3/4” but that 4x6 part varies on the length up to one full inch on some of the mats. I actually had to measure each one out on the driveway any put them on a piece of paper so I could lay them out accordingly and get them to “match up” as best I could.

Thirdly, cutting them is a real chore. Best way is a very sharp razor utility knive and a straight edge. Be prepared to make 20 or so passes to cut all the way through and replace the blades often.

Fourthly, they are crazy heavy and darn near impossible for one small guy to handle alone. They are as I said 4’x6’x3/4” thick and they are very dense and stiff and not to mention heavy. Like 105 lbs heavy each one. Bulky and awkward to handle alone. I had all I could do to flip them over on the other side and or to roll them up and tie them off in a roll to dolly them inside the house. I should have forgotten then gym equipment and just heafted those babies around every day for exercise! image.gif

Lastly they are very dense which is great if you want to drop weights on them and or put heavy equipment or even have horses stand on them all day! But you would not want to do Yoga on them or even lay down on them. Its like laying on concrete.

With that being said, I love them now that they are all in. I do need to get some black silicone caulk from Lowes and caulk a few of the joints I couldn’t get tight and was disappointed with no matter how much I tried to compress them and tighten them up. That’s because they were not square to begin with and if I had to try and cut each one square, I’d still be in there. Black caulk will hide a lot of sins.

So here is the before and after pics. I’m very happy to have my dedicated gym now. BTY, that Bowflex is about 28 years old. It spent the first 27 years or more being the best close line dryer I ever owned. It has gotten more use in the last 7 months for what it was intended for, exercising, then in the first 27 years combined! image.gif

So, today I’m at my Crockett weight of 160lbs. I also happen to be at 5’10. My next phase goal is to get to 8% body fat and then end up settling at 10% once everything evens out. 

Thanks for reading.

E05DDDAC-49DF-491E-BB28-A90366E494EA.jpeg

1E6816AD-25FD-430E-821C-3FA179AAE24D.jpeg

46CA92FB-11F5-4FF4-9CCA-7645B23D555B.jpeg

Post of the month! :tasse_prost:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Belated Birthday Timm!! :cheers:  I'm always late to these!

Congratulations on your getting fit!  Exercise will never let you down.  I've been on the fitness journey since I was 13 and saw "Bloodsport" for the first time.  I noticed you've got the PowerBlock dumbbells.  My wife and I bought some last year and have loved them.  I canceled the gym membership because we can do pretty much everything from home with those and some stretch-bands.

• Like 1

• Administrators

^^^ check out Jeff Cavaliere at Athlean X on YouTube as to what you can do with dumbbells and stretch bands. Unbelievable! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tim...….. . I'm glad you've recovered from your heart trouble to be able to lose all that weight & build a sizeable gym at home.  I was wondering if you are now retired from your job in Tampa or doing some part time work? Well, anyway I wish you all the best and stay safe !  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Tony, thank you for the kind words.  You could say I retired from Tampa and am now working a part-time job. :)

I transferred to our Zepherhills & Dade City campuses. I traded one big one for two small ones. I have nearly no stress and sometimes think I’m part time or semi-retired, not that I want to tell my bosses that. Although ironically, the guy I hired at Tampa to work for me is now my direct boss there so he knows what’s up and he’s laughing all the way to the bank too. 

Tampa was just one big never ending ball of total stress. Glad to have left that behind me. That was in December of 2018.

• Like 2

Well Tim, the lack of stress is very important to your health, so you made an excellent choice. Stay well & I hope to see you around town sometime. :thumbsup: