Buying/Streaming Miami Vice in the UK

Fumi

Hi there,

For such an iconic, ground-breaking show, I'm truly amazed that it's not available on any streaming service in the UK. Amazon have Season 1 available to buy but where are the other four seasons? Same with iTunes. Netflix, AppleTV+, Sky, Starz - it's just not available anywhere. I'd even consider buying the full collection in HD as digital download if it was possible. I don't have a Blu-Ray plater so that option is out. 

Is it really that difficult to watch? I remember back when I was a kid, watching this every week here in England. It was so popular.

Kind Regards

• Like 1

Yeah I'm in UK. Fumi, you seem to be between eras here. The DVDs seem to be pretty pricey and/or hard to get beyond Season 1.

And I guess the streaming audience don't care as much for a 36 year old show as the rest of us.

The Blu-ray option is higher quality than streaming and you can get a player for as little as £55, so I really would just bite the bullet on that if you want to enjoy all five seasons in the best quality and have the option to rewatch it again in future.

Only issue then is, which Blu-ray set, but we can look at that if you go that way :)

Edited by bodie

They had the show on Netflix awhile ago but they took it off, however the Miami Vice movie is still on there for your viewing pleasure. :p

I'd recommend buying a region free blu-ray player and getting the US box set. (UK set is faulty). It's expensive but worth it as some obscure movies/shows are only available in Region A or in an uncensored form.

Can you watch it on NBC.com? It may not be available “‘cross the pond”. It’s free here in the U.S., but you have to deal with commercials/adverts.

Edited by AndrewRemington

6 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I'd recommend buying a region free blu-ray player and getting the US box set. (UK set is faulty).

Problem is, the US set is not around for the usual $40 any more and with the money it would need to get a region free player on top, he could stick with the £55 player and get the French set, which are the best encodes (and the only version to have the original stereo mixes in lossless) but expensive, as they play all regions :radio: