Uncut “By Hooker By Crook” Scene

AndrewRemington

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but here is the original uncut “By Hooker By Crook” love/murder scene. It’s dubbed in Italian but you still see everything you couldn’t see on DVD/Blu/streaming. It’s interesting to see the parallels between the two scenes.

• Like 4

vor einer Stunde schrieb AndrewRemington:

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but here is the original uncut “By Hooker By Crook” love/murder scene. It’s dubbed in Italian but you still see everything you couldn’t see on DVD/Blu/streaming. It’s interesting to see the parallels between the two scenes.

Yes we had it earlier already but thanks anyway!

What is mysterious about this clip: the full length scene was only broadcasted once- in the original NBC airing. That Night it was when NBC censors allegedly found out that the producers did not cut as agreed before airing (Dick Wolf denied that-he said in an interview that they had Cut as agreed but NBC probably got some viewer calls and extended their cuts accordingly) and NBC took their contractual right of final cut and cut the scene for all subsequent airings (re-runs, syndication) and also for the DVD/BluRay Masters later on that were based on the TV masters. In Europe and in Italy the 1987 episodes were bought and aired much later than in the US. MV started in most European countries in 1986 with the first season. So how come that Italian TV had the first airing master tape for dubbing and airing that nobody else has except people with a VCR at home in February 1987??? 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes we had it earlier already but thanks anyway!

What is mysterious about this clip: the full length scene was only broadcasted once- in the original NBC airing. That Night it was when NBC censors allegedly found out that the producers did not cut as agreed before airing (Dick Wolf denied that-he said in an interview that they had Cut as agreed but NBC probably got some viewer calls and extended their cuts accordingly) and NBC took their contractual right of final cut and cut the scene for all subsequent airings (re-runs, syndication) and also for the DVD/BluRay Masters later on that were based on the TV masters. In Europe and in Italy the 1987 episodes were bought and aired much later than in the US. MV started in most European countries in 1986 with the first season. So how come that Italian TV had the first airing master tape for dubbing and airing that nobody else has except people with a VCR at home in February 1987??? 

Yes, very interesting! Maybe Italy accidentally got the first version? Or perhaps someone made a hybrid with the Italian language version spliced with the first-run NBC footage?

vor 1 Minute schrieb AndrewRemington:

Yes, very interesting! Maybe Italy accidentally got the first version? Or perhaps someone made a hybrid with the Italian language version spliced with the first-run NBC footage?

the first assumption is impossible. The first airing master was locked by NBC after they cut it. Besides, the tapes sold for international TV stations were all the same. If the Italians had it, all others would have it too. I rather suspect that this is no original/normal airing by Italian TV (MV aired there on RAI 1 as far as I know not on RAI DUE like the watermark says), but rather a "curiosity report" tape based on a VCR recording from a US viewer. The picture quality supports that assumption.

• Like 1

I’ve seen this. I believe it was posted here before. I’d forgotten how much better the uncut version is. For me, the parallels alone make it better, even if they’re a little cheesy. 

• Like 1