Miami Vice fan since Day One

cybercop106

Howdy all. I just put in for early retirement from my Police Sergeant job in MO and moved to the Florida Panhandle. I am also a service-connected, disabled-retired Army vet. I watched MV when it first debuted back in 1984, which was around the time I was recovering from my military injuries. After a three years of rehab and therapy, I got into civilian police work, and stayed in the field until Jan this year except for a few years when I was getting my college degree at the Univ of MO, which is coincidentally where I spent the last 14 years as a cop. I was a military policeman starting in 1979, so I wasn't naive enough to think MV was realistic, but it was stylish and hip, and in a lot of ways what we would have liked police work to be. These days some episodes are hard to watch because of the glaring procedural and operational errors, but it's still one of my favorite TV series and I have every episode. When I watch them I have a powerful urge to get out my linen jacket and espadrilles, even tho I look more like Switek than Crockett these days.......... :o Well anyway, it's good to be here and I look forward to meeting everyone.

• Administrators

Welcome aboard!We look forward to hearing from you on the forums and discussions.If you have any questions, please ask.Also, don't forget to check out the glossary. It will definitely keep you busy for months!

Hi. That sounds interesting. Maybe you could share a few cop stories with us? Looking forward to talking to you. :tasse_prost:

JURRASIC NARC was an undercover cop. You should read his thread in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION under the title, REAL VRS. REEL.Also, while your there, check out the SCRAPBOOK SECTION for pictures of my CROCKETT BLAZER COLLECTION and CAST AND CREW items!Lots of stuff on there to see!WELCOME! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcomes! I plan to keep looking around Timm :thumbsup: Mostly my police experiences just make me cringe at some of the errors on MV episodes Razor. But I still enjoy them. I don't know how exciting my stories would be comparatively?! :confused: I saw your pics of MV threads and other memorabilia C&B. Quite a collection you have. Are you still wearing Crockett outfits and using his pseudonym around the gated lake community there in CA?!? ;)

Thanks for the welcomes! I plan to keep looking around Timm :thumbsup: Mostly my police experiences just make me cringe at some of the errors on MV episodes Razor. But I still enjoy them. I don't know how exciting my stories would be comparatively?! :confused: I saw your pics of MV threads and other memorabilia C&B. Quite a collection you have. Are you still wearing Crockett outfits and using his pseudonym around the gated lake community there in CA?!? ;)

ah, but then I would be curious to know what parts of MV differ from yourexperience? I'm going to check out the other stories C&B. thanks.

Welcome to the forum, seems like you've had a lot of excitement in your lifetime, hopefully this forum will be just as invigorating for you :)