"Off the Wall"

lindenska

True fans....do you know what episode this was originally called? or can you guess?

I obviously read about all of the episodes before, but it never clicked until now what a great original title that was. I'd love to know why they changed it. 

Running with that theme, are there any final MV episode titles or even temporary original production titles that had that great double meaning?

PS: I also learned that this was the sole MV episode on TV Guide's 1997 "100 Greatest Episodes of All Time" list (#90) and while I certainly like the episode, I was surprised. Based on the popularity and importance, I would've thought Pilot/Brother's Keeper would've been selected. It was removed and no vice episodes appeared on the updated 2009 list.

Edited by lindenska
update

“Out Where The Buses Don’t Run”

”Off The Wall” also works, but so would “Goofball”. :) It took me a while to get what you meant about double meaning, but now it makes sense... The ending! I can’t think of any other temporary original production titles with double meanings at the moment.

The Gang's All Here - later became Forgive us our Debts

Show Me a Hero - Back in the World

Alter Ego - Mirror Image

All those working titles tie directly into something the episode was working on or dealt with.

Characters also changed names with some frequency in draft scripts.