Tubbs’s Gold Glasses

AndrewRemington

To my recollection, I think Tubbs only wore those round gold metal glasses in “When Irish Eyes Are Crying” and “Indian Wars”, but he looked so cool and smart (especially in WIEAC). I’m near-sighted, myself, but don’t wear my glasses 24/7. I have a pair of round metal glasses but they are gunmetal and black. I am thinking of getting a pair of gold ones like Tubbs. Does anybody know what brand he wore? They look just like Ray-Ban RB3447V. The temples and arms look like they may be thicker on Tubbs’s, but it’s hard to tell unless someone has a really high-def snapshot of them.

CEAB0447-32CD-4A73-860C-2BBFB613D9A1.jpeg

Ray-Ban RB3447V

9EE623FA-EC33-4DEA-9AF5-C0563CE1EA96.jpeg

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Literally two hours after this post, I bought these Ray-Bans! I got them with prescription lenses for about $200 from GlassesUSA.com. I’ve been really busy this fall/winter with music and art, but finally, here’s a picture! Bonus is that I grew a Tubbs Season 4/Early Season 5 beard (not quite as stylishly trimmed as his!) Wearing a vintage sweater, however, for this Wisconsin winter weather!

44DCE890-9924-4D33-9155-B10AFF7A5252.jpeg

71DF8E21-8197-42B6-9EA4-3A8E5245DAD1.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Literally two hours after this post, I bought these Ray-Bans! I got them with prescription lenses for about $200 from GlassesUSA.com. I’ve been really busy this fall/winter with music and art, but finally, here’s a picture! Bonus is that I grew a Tubbs Season 4/Early Season 5 beard (not quite as stylishly trimmed as his!) Wearing a vintage sweater, however, for this Wisconsin winter weather!

44DCE890-9924-4D33-9155-B10AFF7A5252.jpeg

71DF8E21-8197-42B6-9EA4-3A8E5245DAD1.jpeg

I do believe this is the post of the week! :clap:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I do believe this is the post of the week! :clap:

Thanks, haha! I should do another photo with similar shirt and jacket to Tubbs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, here’s another shot of me trying to mimic Tubbs in “Indian Wars.” I trimmed my beard, but it still isn’t as perfect as his.

6874AD2A-3A95-471C-8894-505970802315.jpeg

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Okay, here’s another shot of me trying to mimic Tubbs in “Indian Wars.” I trimmed my beard, but it still isn’t as perfect as his.

The glasses look good.  They work with your face shape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pahonu said:

The glasses look good.  They work with your face shape.

Thanks! Yeah, I think round glasses work best for my face. I also have a pair of round plastic tortoise shell glasses.

4 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

This is a fantastic post, Sir—one of my favorites in the history of the forum. Well done. :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This is a fantastic post, Sir—one of my favorites in the history of the forum. Well done. :cheers:

Thank you. What a compliment! That means a lot, man! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Am 13.1.2021 um 01:11 schrieb AndrewRemington:

Great picture!! I just watched "Indian Wars" a few days ago...

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:11 AM, AndrewRemington said:

How did I miss this post? The fact you cosplayed as Tubbs from Indian Wars, awesome stuff. 

Definitely a unique fashion ensemble for Tubbs in the episode. A very good one I might add, Indian Wars gets overlooked. And yeah, not sure why they introduced the glasses on Tubbs and then they never became a thing. I’m sure he did wear the glasses briefly again at the OCB in another episode. I remember he was sitting and Tubbs had the glasses in his hand or he was holding them sitting at the table. I’ll try and find out the episode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miami Beau said:

How did I miss this post? The fact you cosplayed as Tubbs from Indian Wars, awesome stuff. 

Definitely a unique fashion ensemble for Tubbs in the episode. A very good one I might add, Indian Wars gets overlooked. And yeah, not sure why they introduced the glasses on Tubbs and then they never became a thing. I’m sure he did wear the glasses briefly again at the OCB in another episode. I remember he was sitting and Tubbs had the glasses in his hand or he was holding them sitting at the table. I’ll try and find out the episode. 

This was honestly one of the best posts I’ve ever seen in 20+ years on this forum. 

@AndrewRemington instantly went to “legend” status! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1