UPDATED COVER: "Last Call" (Yankee Dollar Teaser)

Dadrian

Please download and enjoy this new updated version with corrected sounds. I will share a link to the YouTube video when it's finished. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Ferrariman pinned this topic

That is amazing! Great job! :clap::radio: You really know how to hit the notes right. With many DX7 sounds, they really alter depending on the velocity you hit them. Very expressive!

It’s hard to tell all the DX sounds in there. I definitely think I hear “Clav Ens”? But you know there are so many variations of sounds, could be wrong.

Edited by AndrewRemington

6 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

That is amazing! Great job! :clap::radio: You really know how to hit the notes right. With many DX7 sounds, they really alter depending on the velocity you hit them. Very expressive!

It’s hard to tell all the DX sounds in there. I definitely think I hear “Clav Ens”? But you know there are so many variations of sounds, could be wrong.

Thanks, Andrew!

Yeah the velocities can make it tough to get the right feel on certain patches for sure. This patch is one of them. Jan used it a lot in MV though, and in my library it’s called “Dubbs Bass” (maybe with an apostrophe on Dubbs?). It sounds like a bass in the lower register, but has a nice guitar vibe in the upper keys. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks, Andrew!

Yeah the velocities can make it tough to get the right feel on certain patches for sure. This patch is one of them. Jan used it a lot in MV though, and in my library it’s called “Dubbs Bass” (maybe with an apostrophe on Dubbs?). It sounds like a bass in the lower register, but has a nice guitar vibe in the upper keys. 

Cool, yeah that could be a variation of Clav Ens (Clavinet Ensemble). Clav Ens is from the standard DX7 Cartridge 3A. But listening again, it is different. I think a lot of those custom patches came from someone starting with a factory patch and tweaking it.

So that’s just one patch you’re playing for the bass and guitar sounds? Wow! :o I probably have that patch in my library somewhere.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...