The Passing of Toots Hibbert

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Reggae pioneer Toots Hibbert has passed away at the age of 77.  Now I have to admit the name didn"t ring a bell at first until I read he was part of the group "Toots and the Maytals"     If you remember way back in "Heart of Darkness"  Noogie shows up at Switek and Zito's burglary sting operation and one of the things he's offering is music by quote: "Toots and the Crazy Maytals"     What he said never made sense to me until now 36 years later!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Reggae pioneer Toots Hibbert has passed away at the age of 77.  Now I have to admit the name didn"t ring a bell at first until I read he was part of the group "Toots and the Maytals"     If you remember way back in "Heart of Darkness"  Noogie shows up at Switek and Zito's burglary sting operation and one of the things he's offering is music by quote: "Toots and the Crazy Maytals"     What he said never made sense to me until now 36 years later!

I’m a huge reggae fan with a massive collection compiled over the last 35+ years.  I saw him perform live close to a dozen times, I think.  One of my favorites was standing right at the stage at the House of Blues Hollywood and doing pounds with him.  I feel gutted.  :(

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, pahonu said:

I’m a huge reggae fan with a massive collection compiled over the last 35+ years.  I saw him perform live close to a dozen times, I think.  One of my favorites was standing right at the stage at the House of Blues Hollywood and doing pounds with him.  I feel gutted.  :(

Very cool! :thumbsup: