New Miami Vice BluRay Ultimate Collection Box Set out on 1st October!

Tom

For those who haven´t seen it in the DVD thread already;

A German label, Koch Media, will release an unbelievable MV Blu Ray box set on 1st October with all uncut episodes including English and German language and subtitles.

The unique thing here is that they encoded the US Universal master competely new and got rid of the wrong gamma shift on the US box sets and did lots of manual corrections, even corrected dropped frames of the Universal original (e.g. the cemetery limo scene in El Viejo where some frames are missing). The video quality is unbelievable and much better (contrast, darkness, colors) than any other release before. Some comparisons are posted in the DVD section.

They also put lots of efforts into professional art work and bonus material and an episode guide. The box unwrapping video is down below.

The box can be bought on 1st October onwards exclusively on Koch Media´s new online shop but can be currently shipped only to European destinations.

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-news/serien/137433-gesamtedition_der_kultserie_miami_vice_erscheint_exklusiv_im_onlineshop_von_koch_films

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Tom I’ve been following along about this. Looks amazing!

Did I overlook the USD price?

also: maybe already mentioned, but will the full original 4:3 aspect image be seen? The Mill Creek blue rays chopped a tiny bit from the top and bottom. :(

Edited by Dadrian

vor 58 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

@Tom I’ve been following along about this. Looks amazing!

Did I overlook the USD price?

also: maybe already mentioned, but will the full original 4:3 aspect image be seen? The Mill Creek blue rays chopped a tiny bit from the top and bottom. :(

Price has not been published yet. Will be a EURO price as they sell to Europe only at the beginning. They chopped nothing on all the episodes I saw up front.

• Thanks 1

Okay. I’ll probably wait for an international shipper to offer a set on eBay. This is very exciting news. Many thanks to you and anyone else who has contributed to sharing all the info. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, Tom said:

For those who haven´t seen it in the DVD thread already;

A German label, Koch Media, will release an unbelievable MV Blu Ray box set on 1st October with all uncut episodes including English and German language and subtitles.

The unique thing here is that they encoded the US Universal master competely new and got rid of the wrong gamma shift on the US box sets and did lots of manual corrections, even corrected dropped frames of the Universal original (e.g. the cemetery limo scene in El Viejo where some frames are missing). The video quality is unbelievable and much better (contrast, darkness, colors) than any other release before. Some comparisons are posted in the DVD section.

They also put lots of efforts into professional art work and bonus material and an episode guide. The box unwrapping video is down below.

The box can be bought on 1st October onwards exclusively on Koch Media´s new online shop but can be currently shipped only to European destinations.

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-news/serien/137433-gesamtedition_der_kultserie_miami_vice_erscheint_exklusiv_im_onlineshop_von_koch_films

This looks amazing Tom - better quality than the French Elephant Films set?

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

This looks amazing Tom - better quality than the French Elephant Films set?

Much better in my view. Especially the colors and the sharpness. 

as said before: I could read the video dating club address freely from Tubbs warrant whereas it was blurry on all other BluRays even stills....

Edited by Tom

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Much better in my view. Especially the colors and the sharpness. 

as said before: I could read the video dating club address freely from Tubbs warrant whereas it was blurry on all other BluRays even stills....

Ok great to know Thankyou 

Can you make out the street sign in “Asian Cut” at the end when you get time? Sorry if cheeky :)

333F608E-2FC3-42E8-B497-4964432912C7.jpeg

Edited by Matt5

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

Ok great to know Thankyou 

Can you make out the street sign in “Asian Cut” at the end when you get time? Sorry if cheeky :)

333F608E-2FC3-42E8-B497-4964432912C7.jpeg

will do when I have time ...

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Can you make out the street sign in “Asian Cut” at the end when you get time?

Matt, where is the street sign you mean? I can´t find one, but I´m not used to US  street signs...

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Glades:

Matt, where is the street sign you mean? I can´t find one, but I´m not used to US  street signs...

left of the traffic light in the middle of the picture

9 minutes ago, Glades said:

As Tom said but here goes too to help you locate it.

627E4DCC-BA88-497D-8C1F-9E5BC30B5D12.jpeg

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Glades:

I´ve got the Koch Blu-Ray as well, but unfortunatly I really can´t read anything. Maybe Tom is luckier.

screenshot002.jpg

funny that Matt´s pic (seems to be taken from a TV screen) is sharper than the still from the Koch BluRay. I haven´t had the time to look at it myself but from above screencapture it looks like a NW and 39 or 89 to me. But I will try to look at the BluRay myself tomorrow ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

funny that Matt´s pic (seems to be taken from a TV screen) is sharper than the still from the Koch BluRay

The screenshot is taken by Leawo-Bluray-Player. My Laptop is an apple, no TV screen.

How do you get sharper images?

After watching the BluRay I would say the street sign says NE and 19 or 39 (I am very sure about the NE as both letters are slim as is the first digit) 

the street has a very long straight stretch followed by a soft left bend. This and the buildings we can see plus the width of the street without any „island“ between directional lanes should match up somewhere with a long broad main road like Biscayne Bvd. I could not find anything fast but will look for it.

UPDATE: haven´t found anything on Biscayne Bvd that fits. But the road we see here is clearly two lanes in each direction and very long, thus not many candidates left to match....

Edited by Tom