Don fondly remembered

Buddy Love

These pandemics time will probably hit the nash or vice reboot in some unchangeable way. Lets hope both still happen. 70 years, hmmm.

Yeah, yeah...i know...you are against the reboots blablabla all that jazz...

Nice couple by the way...

2 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

These pandemics time will probably hit the nash or vice reboot in some unchangeable way. Lets hope both still happen. 70 years, hmmm.

Yeah, yeah...i know...you are against the reboots blablabla all that jazz...

Nice couple by the way...

I know it's hit Nash Bridges. Can't film in SF for a while. They are thinking of moving to LA and filming until SF opens up.

• Like 1

I wonder if the title of this thread should be changed to something more precise.  When I saw it I panicked and jumped over to Google to check if DJ had passed away today. :o

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Jack Gretsky said:

I wonder if the title of this thread should be changed to something more precise.  When I saw it I panicked and jumped over to Google to check if DJ had passed away today. :o

Same here! I was startled for a moment! ;(

3 hours ago, Jack Gretsky said:

Just thought the same thing!!  Crazy to think he's 70.  Even crazier that I'm the same age he was in season 5.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks to Miami Vice, I’m still 6. 

You watched Miami Vice at age 6!  What were your parents doing?  :p

I was in high school and thought it was pretty cool and edgy because of the drug smuggling and cigarette boats, etc...  What did a 6-year old think?  I think my kids first saw it when they were 10 or 12 and I remember explaining to them what the word “vice” meant... and explaining smuggling.

8 hours ago, pahonu said:

You watched Miami Vice at age 6!  What were your parents doing?  :p

Trusting my older sister to change the channel for the inappropriate stuff. :) 

I honestly don’t remember what the rest of the family did while she and I watched MV, but they were not interested. 

When Vice started in Germany I was aged 21 and I loved it from the beginning . Never missed an episode, even though my husband didn't understand what the fascination was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Trusting my older sister to change the channel for the inappropriate stuff. :) 

I honestly don’t remember what the rest of the family did while she and I watched MV, but they were not interested. 

Do you remember well what you thought of the show at age 6?  I’m interested.  I hardly remember being 6!

26 minutes ago, pahonu said:

Do you remember well what you thought of the show at age 6?  I’m interested.  I hardly remember being 6!

MV is one of the few things I remember about being 6 :) 

For me, it was the music, cars, and images in general. I even appreciated the endings being not always “happy” (unlike most shows of the time). 

I mostly remember my sister being in love with Don Johnson haha. She was 16 in 1986. :D 

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

MV is one of the few things I remember about being 6 :) 

For me, it was the music, cars, and images in general. I even appreciated the endings being not always “happy” (unlike most shows of the time). 

I mostly remember my sister being in love with Don Johnson haha. She was 16 in 1986. :D 

You were a pretty clever 6-year old.  I was still watching Bugs Bunny reruns are that age!  :)

1 minute ago, pahonu said:

You were a pretty clever 6-year old.  I was still watching Bugs Bunny reruns are that age!  :)

Oh me too!! My favorite! :) 

Some children remember about things when they were that young. My younger daughter loved her great grandfather. Every time we went there she (aged three) climbed onto his lap and cuddled him. Then he got bedridden and stayed in a care bed. It was much too high for the little girl, but she dragged a chair to the bed, climbed on it and tried to cuddle her great grandfather. She still remembers this until today and she´s 32 now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Christine said:

Some children remember about things when they were that young. My younger daughter loved her great grandfather. Every time we went there she (aged three) climbed onto his lap and cuddled him. Then he got bedridden and stayed in a care bed. It was much too high for the little girl, but she dragged a chair to the bed, climbed on it and tried to cuddle her great grandfather. She still remembers this until today and she´s 32 now.

I definitely do remember things from when I was quite young.  For example, I clearly recall my mom walking my sister daily to the school bus stop for kindergarten with me in a stroller.  I was only about two, maybe three but it’s still in my memory for some reason.  I know I didn’t like going because it was early and often cold.

I was just wondering what kind of details a 6-year old would remember about a TV show like Miami Vice, as opposed to a child’s program.  Certainly, concepts like smuggling and prostitution wouldn’t be understood yet and the storylines would be far beyond a 6-year old’s cognitive abilities.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 10/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, Jack Gretsky said:

My 1st thoughts exactly!  Great pics though!

• Like 1