“Miami Vice” Reference in “A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master”

AndrewRemington

I am a huge “Nightmare on Elm Street”/Freddy Krueger fan! I’ve loved the series since I was a little kid. Recently I came across a website which stated that during the original screenings of “A Nightmare on Elm Street 4” in 1988, there was a little nod/parody of “Miami Vice.”

From website https://lostmediaarchive.fandom.com/wiki/A_Nightmare_on_Elm_Street_Part_4_lost_scene(s):

“During original screenings, when Freddy puts on his sunglasses a Miami Vice-like riff played. Due to possible copyright infringement with Jan Hammer, composer of the actual Miami Vice theme, the riff was removed and never restored.“

I would really love to see this part of the movie with the music restored!

165B605C-3851-4B2D-8C8C-0DA86337C91F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/29/2020 at 6:54 AM, Ferrariman said:

All I get from this link is the Mandalorian

They do have ad pop ups, but the link still works for me. If you’re on a smartphone, it may be hard to avoid those pesty pop-up ads.

I know you have seen almost every movie ever made :) did you see Nightmare 4 in the theater?

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

They do have ad pop ups, but the link still works for me. If you’re on a smartphone, it may be hard to avoid those pesty pop-up ads.

I know you have seen almost every movie ever made :) did you see Nightmare 4 in the theater?

Sorry no, I missed that one. :o

• Sad 1