JUNK LOVE BLAZER FOUND!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Finally!Here's the REAL DEAL. This is an ACTUAL blazer worn by DON JOHNSON in the episode "JUNK LOVE" .I finally obtained one of the iconic WHITE blazers that DON JOHNSON wore as SONNY CROCKETT. It seemes to be the color most people associate with Sonny Crockett's blazers, so I HAD to obtain one.Eingefügtes BildThe photos don't do it justice, as it is a white blazer against a white background, in a dark room with a flash. This blazer is a 100% cotton, fully lined with rayon. It is a single button on the front, three buttons on the sleeve, and is ventless in the back. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThis blazer was CUSTOM made just for DON JOHNSON. I checked inside one of the inside chest pockets, and underneath the very, very thin (somewhat transparent lining) you can see the customary label that explains what material it is, the size, etc. was torn out, and only the stub remains UNDER the see thru lining. This is not something that would be done on a garment sold to the public in high end stores, as it would be OUTSIDE the lining, not under it where it couldn't be seen. This incredible blazer can be clearly seen in this publicity shot from the episode "JUNK LOVE"Eingefügtes BildDoes anyone have any more shots from this photoshoot? I'd like to post more here of the photoshoot.This blazer was originally obtained directly from the set. His initials "DJ" are hand written on the inside by what looks like a permanent marker. FINALLY! I finally own a WHITE BLAZER from the show!

White is a very hard color to keep clean, as you know.It's not sweat stains, as any soiling is on the outside, not inside.This was originally obtained from a private individual that obtained it on the set. It has been in private hands for more than 20 years. Who knows how it was cared for in it's history.It is perfectly intact, but was tossed around on the set, (perhaps that's why they let this one go to someone who visited the set) and was never dry cleaned (DON JOHNSON'S DNA!). I also have not dry cleaned it, and am debating on whether I should or shouldn't.

Awesome man, I would say if you intend to wear it, dry clean it, otherwise no, it's still got the scent of the 80s on it if you will he he why 'ruin' it :)

Yeah, it's a difficult one for me at this time.I'd like to wear it, as I occationally do with all my other vintage Crockett blazers, so perhaps I should have it dry cleaned. Perhaps it was in mint shape when obtained, but it got a bit dirty while kept in storage. Not everyone takes care of these garments like I do.Almost seems useless to not be able to wear it. I dunno...Cool find either way! :thumbsup:

I think you absolutely made the right call getting the jacket cleaned, and I hope you do decide to wear it! There were quite a few terrific blazers, but that one is tailored beautifully.Do you know who made the jacket for DJ?

I do.The designer label is in there.Unfortunately, the popularity of my original blazer posts has created problems for me from my suppliers.They have informed me that people are now inquireing about obtaining these type of blazers from them. Therefore, they either feel that now they can make more money by having competion by seeking a counter offer, or they can ask an even higher premium to give me (their best customer on these items) first shot at it.Therefore, I'm afraid I can't reveal the designers who made these blazers from every corner of the world. It's a nice maker though! :thumbsup:

I do.The designer label is in there.Unfortunately' date=' the popularity of my original blazer posts has created problems for me from my suppliers.They have informed me that people are now inquireing about obtaining these type of blazers from them. Therefore, they either feel that now they can make more money by having competion by seeking a counter offer, or they can ask an even higher premium to give me (their best customer on these items) first shot at it.Therefore, I'm afraid I can't reveal the designers who made these blazers from every corner of the world. It's a nice maker though! :thumbsup:[/quote']Sorry! That makes total sense - I didn't mean to pry :oI'm sure it is one of the very best designers. It's perfection!

It is one of the very best makers!Don't worry, your not prying, that's a question that is usually asked here. But in order for me to obtain, and share these items with you at a price that is not off the charts, I now have to keep the designers a secret. The cotton, is a very tight weave or the HIGHEST quality, and is almost silky smooth! It's not like a cotton shirt or something, it's extremely high quality cotton. It's the best money can buy! :thumbsup:It has what they call a very high thread count (mostly descriptive in high quality bed sheets). The higher the thread count, the better the product.I may take more shots of it after it's cleaned to show it off better.I have the exact same color shirt and pants to go with this blazer!!

Do you have to get it altered' date=' or is the jacket a close fit?[/quote']Interesting question, and it brings up another topic.I don't have to get the blazers he actually wore altered, as I can fit into them perfectly fine. This was not altered.However, your question helps bring up a topic I wanted to hit on.Crockett wore blazers that were his size, AND bigger which were, and were not altered. In PRODIGAL SON, he wears a blazer and matching pants that is at least one or two sizes too big for him, but with alterations, the sleeves and pants were the right length. Also in episodes such as DEFINATELY MIAMI and BACK IN THE WORLD, he again wears a blazer that is much too big for him, giving it a more relaxed fit, and the sleeves are ROLLED UP into cuffs.

Do you want to change..... jacket for Zitos robe?

Not at this time, thank you.

That's very interesting, Coop. Maybe the sizes were larger to fit his gun & holster comfortably, without a noticeable bulge?

Another intereting theory TONY D.I'd however lean towards comfort in most cases.I know that at times, the purchasers of the clothes for the show when looking at fashion shows in ITALY and PARIS, ACTUALLY LITERALLY bought some clothes off the models backs from making a deal directly with the manufacturers to get a jump on the fashion before it hit the streets.Perhaps some of the models where larger than DON JOHNSON, and they just rolled up the sleeves on a jacket too large.Interesting question.

In PRODIGAL SON' date=' he wears a blazer and matching pants that is at least one or two sizes too big for him, but with alterations, the sleeves and pants were the right length. [/quote']Are you referring to the light blue suit he's wearing in the "You belong to the city" scene?If so, I think they didn't make any alteration since the blazer has some flaw showing that the shoulder line is too broad for him: the pads are too big and they make the blazer crease at shoulders, next to the collar.Eingefügtes BildThe matching pants are too baggy and too long for him, you can clearly see it in the part when Crockett tries to stop a cab in the street; he also makes things a little "worse" by putting hand in the pocket. Strangely enough, he's looking flawless!How is this humanely possible??? :)

Yep, that's the suit!It's about two or three sizes too large for him. Even the inseam at the pants are just too big, but perhaps Crockett had the suit confiscated, and figured that if he could have the sleeves, and pants length hemmed, he could still utilize it.Not everything confiscated would be in his size.I have some photos to show how big this suit is for him. Oddly enough, as you pointed out, he STILL pulls it off! :thumbsup:

Exactly! The blazer was ok in the end, but the pants darts made him look somehow fat, especially because he wore them with a close-fitting tshirt.I can't believe I'm... criticising Crockett! :eek:

Exactly! The blazer was ok in the end' date=' but the pants darts made him look somehow fat, especially because he wore them with a close-fitting tshirt.I can't believe I'm... criticising Crockett! :eek:[/quote']Nah!Your not criticising Crockett, just this particular wardrobe Choice!It WAS too big!

I've got more blazers to post.The "other" ones were not feaured in MIAMI VICE, however, they must have not been chosen for one reason or another as they came from the same designers, in the same time period. They could very easily have been chosen.My guess is there were better choices out there, and they just chose the best ones.

I think this junk love white blazer was in a number of episodes. It may have been in the last scenes of DEFINATELY MIAMI, and YANKEE DOLLAR. Perhaps more.If so, that makes my white blazer a pretty famous one amoung VICE fans.

Therefore' date=' I'm afraid I can't reveal the designers who made these blazers from every corner of the world. [/quote']*Pandina whispers in C&B's ear*a brand I know? (just kidding ;))
It has what they call a very high thread count (mostly descriptive in high quality bed sheets). The higher the thread count' date=' the better the product.[/quote']AMAZING!!! You also know about the thread count in cotton! Hey C&B you ever considered a career in the world's fashion capital?

I'm sure YOU'VE heard of this label! Most likely, recently. ;)Me, work in fashion?Doing what?????I have no design skills. I just like to buy, and wear them.......and share with MIAMI VICE members. (I'll be posting some NEW finds!)