Jan Hammer on BBC Rock School

CrockettOnTheShore

Hi guys 

I've uploaded a clip of Jan Hammer in the studio back in 1987 that went out on UK TV... A bit of him rocking out with the Yamaha KX5 has been up for a while but I've added in another couple of clips of him talking which went out on separate episodes of the series (which was terrible by the way!). He talks about adapting preset sounds and the his writing process - pretty interesting.

Edited by CrockettOnTheShore
word missing
  • Like 8

• Administrators

Well, I didn't understand much of what he said but it's just nice to see the master at work!

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Well, I didn't understand much of what he said but it's just nice to see the master at work!

Thanks!

It was the sataforgess and the handoon rantoon:p 

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2020 at 10:34 AM, CrockettOnTheShore said:

Hi guys 

I've uploaded a clip of Jan Hammer in the studio back in 1987 that went out on UK TV... A bit of him rocking out with the Yamaha KX5 has been up for a while but I've added in another couple of clips of him talking which went out on separate episodes of the series (which was terrible by the way!). He talks about adapting preset sounds and the his writing process - pretty interesting.

Very interesting Thankyou for sharing 

• 1 year later...

Stumbled across this today with Jan talking about his cameo on Season 4s “Like a Hurricane” premiering his original piece “Wedding”. 
As that was filmed in late October - the interview is from November 1987.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2