Diego Maradona

jpaul1

well i think you didn't miss this. one of the greatest footballers of all times. the kind that can almost win a world cup alone. medias tend to speak a lot about his excesses. and we all know he did some. But i will remember an extremelly poor kid, that rose himself to the highest spheres, only with his talent. I was a kid when he was at his highest. And he made me dream a lot, like lot of kids of that era. He belongs to that category that is so talented that you don't know if they really exist anymore you know

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb jpaul1:

well i think you didn't miss this. one of the greatest footballers of all times. the kind that can almost win a world cup alone. medias tend to speak a lot about his excesses. and we all know he did some. But i will remember an extremelly poor kid, that rose himself to the highest spheres, only with his talent. I was a kid when he was at his highest. And he made me dream a lot, like lot of kids of that era. He belongs to that category that is so talented that you don't know if they really exist anymore you know

Amen. Unfortunately, there were many other talented kids that went the same route and practically destroyed themselves as they either could not satisfy their own expectations or other people´s expectations. Whitney Houston, Elvis Presley, just to name a few.... 

• Like 1