Listen by Tears for Fears in Miami Vice

Jimml

Was the song Listen by Tears for Fears ever used in any Miami Vice episodes ? I could swear I heard the song in an episode though no idea what episode if any.

Best regards 

I'm a pretty big fan of theirs and I'm pretty sure none of their stuff was ever used in the show at all, although much of it certainly would've fit. Some of Hammer's stuff bears a similarity to something like Listen so I can see how you'd make that connection. Btw, the Seeds of Love superdeluxe 4-disc set just came out a little while back finally completing the trilogy of Hurting, Big Chair, and Seeds.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jimml said:

Was the song Listen by Tears for Fears ever used in any Miami Vice episodes ? I could swear I heard the song in an episode though no idea what episode if any.

Best regards 

Welcome to the site!

No Tears for Fears songs were ever used in MV, but like @Bren10 said, so many could have worked well, including Listen

Also worth mentioning, is Pale Shelter, which was used in the GTA Vice City game. The verses particularly have the perfect feel for the show’s soundtrack. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

There's a guy called vdublu909 who has some amazing 8Oies cover instrumentals. 

His tears for fears cover of shout could fit right into an episode of Miami Vice

Edited by fakespyder
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 1:33 AM, fakespyder said:

His tears for fears cover of shout could fit right into an episode of Miami Vice

Great sounds.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, fakespyder said:

where do I buy a layered song like that for remixes?

• 2 weeks later...
Am 8.2.2021 um 22:34 schrieb sdiegolo78:

"everybody wants to rule the world" would have been great in the show second season.

I totally agree with you. It really fits into the show and especially in the second season.

• Like 1