RIP Gregory Sierra

TheGreatMcCarthy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RIP Lt Rodriguez.  That absolutely magical 1st episode will forever own a special place in my and countless other's hearts.  I'll never forget "By the book Sonny or I swear I'm taking you off the street!".  You could feel the electricity in the air of that iconic opening episode.  

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, S.FL84 said:

RIP Lt Rodriguez.  That absolutely magical 1st episode will forever own a special place in my and countless other's hearts.  I'll never forget "By the book Sonny or I swear I'm taking you off the street!".  You could feel the electricity in the air of that iconic opening episode.  

I loved his time as lieutenant at the beginning of the show, I don't know what it is but there is a special vibe to it, much different from "One Eyed Jack" onwards.

EJO joining was a masterstroke by Michael Mann but Gregory's time on the show fitted perfectly in the beginning. 

• Like 4

Rodriguez was more affable than Castillo while still managing to be a tough boss when needed. The way he shot down Sonny's question "Where'd you get the money?" was every bit as powerful as one of Castillo's stares.

The only difference is noone would be game enough to ask Castillo a question like that

8 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I loved his time as lieutenant at the beginning of the show, I don't know what it is but there is a special vibe to it, much different from "One Eyed Jack" onwards.

EJO joining was a masterstroke by Michael Mann but Gregory's time on the show fitted perfectly in the beginning. 

Tell you what, I loved it too! The Lt. Rodriguez character was great in his own way and had its own charisma. He was one of the few who could put Sonny in his place (with Castillo of course) when he stepped out of line. EJO was a great addition to the show bringing new depths of character and stayed till the very end. Difficult to say had G.Sierra continued with MV how is character would have evolved...I'd imagine the show would have taken a different direction and we wouldn't have had episodes like the golden triangle, Bushido, heart of night, Borrasca and more importantly the trademark "stare down".

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

The only difference is noone would be game enough to ask Castillo a question like that

It seemed to me Sonny feel bad afterwards about that question...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

Rodriguez was more affable than Castillo while still managing to be a tough boss when needed. The way he shot down Sonny's question "Where'd you get the money?" was every bit as powerful as one of Castillo's stares.

Good point. I forgot his angry look when Sonny asked "Where'd ya get the money, Lou." Powerful! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...