Any Smokers Here?

Dadrian

• Dadrian changed the title to Any Smokers Here?
  • 2 months later...

As Crockett basically said once...one of these days I’ll have to give these things up (referring to his Luckys). :rauchen: I never smoked a lot but did some in my younger days...I quit 5/8/01. But, I still have my favorite ash tray...kept it as a reminder of something I overcame, and it’s pretty cool, lol! :p It’s a cobalt blue glass one.

• Administrators

Never even had one in my mouth, but Sonny did make it look cool! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Me neither and Sonny is the only character I know that could still look attractive while doing so!

I´d been a strong smoker, but gave it up in 2003 and I´m very happy about it. It was bad for my health and bad for my purse.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Christine said:

I´d been a strong smoker, but gave it up in 2003 and I´m very happy about it. It was bad for my health and bad for my purse.

Had a friend that quit years ago and he said he had so much money in his pocket he didn't know what to do with it.   Of course I said "give it to me!"  ;)

Aside from health reasons, I don't know how anyone can afford it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When I quit then, I decided to set aside each month the money I would normally have smoked. For me, that was 150 euros every month at the time. When I had the feeling in between that I would like to smoke one now, I counted my money. That helped me to keep going. 

• Like 4

I'm currently a daily smoker. About a pack a day. I have a plan though; my girlfriend and I are going to start having kids at 28, which will give me a full 10 years of smoking, as I started when I was 18. At that point, I'll quit.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/31/2021 at 3:22 AM, Ferrariman said:

I never have either. Not sure I've ever touched one with my fingers tbh. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I unfortunately decided to try it when I was 19, and for 9 years I would have one once every month, or two or even three. However, around the time I turned 28, once a month quickly became twice a month, to one a week, to 2 a week, to 1 every other day, to 1 every day, and finally it was 3-5 a day until I was 30. Then it became 5-10 a day. Then when I was 33 I "graduated" to a pack a day, though sometimes I'd go without smoking at all for a month, or 2, or 3, but thankfully not for very long and now I'm back to about half a day. Quitting isn't easy, and I honestly look at it more as a stress relief rather than a chemical addiction. When I have a better outlook on life, and want to do better in regards to diet and exercise, it's much easier for me to lay off the stuff.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

I unfortunately decided to try it when I was 19, and for 9 years I would have one once every month, or two or even three. However, around the time I turned 28, once a month quickly became twice a month, to one a week, to 2 a week, to 1 every other day, to 1 every day, and finally it was 3-5 a day until I was 30. Then it became 5-10 a day. Then when I was 33 I "graduated" to a pack a day, though sometimes I'd go without smoking at all for a month, or 2, or 3, but thankfully not for very long and now I'm back to about half a day. Quitting isn't easy, and I honestly look at it more as a stress relief rather than a chemical addiction. When I have a better outlook on life, and want to do better in regards to diet and exercise, it's much easier for me to lay off the stuff.

Totally understand...and smoking was definitely more of a stress relief & a psychological addiction for me, than a chemical addiction to nicotine ever was! :rauchen: 

I didn’t want to have to quit...but I knew I needed to, so I chose to want to quit. Next month it’ll be 20 years ago I quit & went back to running...but I still sometimes get the urge! 

But, I’m still running, in better shape than I ever was before I quit, and basically have no health problems. :D Quitting is NOT fun or easy...but, keep working at it, if I can do it I know you can do it! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly still! I can't believe how expensive it has become... I mean you can roll your own, but I prefer filtered made ones. 

I gotta give these things up, they're terrible! :)

1 hour ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Sadly still! I can't believe how expensive it has become... I mean you can roll your own, but I prefer filtered made ones. 

I gotta give these things up, they're terrible! :)

You can buy empty with filters, right? Or is that what you meant?

• Administrators

Dadrian, to answer the question of your thread’s title....

...only after sex....which explains why my lungs have been totally clear for the last 20 years now! :dance2:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Dadrian, to answer the question of your thread’s title....

...only after sex....which explains why my lungs have been totally clear for the last 20 years now! :dance2:

Unlucky Strikes? :) 

• Haha 5

I went a month without smoking. Then got back into it for about a week or so (2-3 packs in total). Haven't had one since like April 20th-22nd (can't remember exactly). Haven't really drank much the passed 2 months either. Only a double of neat whiskey last week when I had lunch with my Dad at a local diner by my house. Ahhh, Bulleit Rye goes down so smooth.

• Like 1

20 years ago TODAY, 5/8/2001, I quit smoking (@4:34pm to be exact)! :rauchen: The next day I went back to running...still running (just got done with 4 miles), and am in better shape than I ever was in 01! :dance2: I kept my favorite ash tray, pictured below, as sometimes psychologically I still get the urge, even 20yrs later...so I keep it as a reminder of what I overcame. 

FCAFF3CF-A5A8-4227-B13A-A652E89E3385.jpeg

• Like 6

On 5/6/2021 at 10:40 PM, Dadrian said:

You can buy empty with filters, right? Or is that what you meant?

I mean regular cigarettes it's got so expensive! You can buy tobacco alone and roll your own, and that's cheaper but it doesn't feel quite the same. 

• Like 1

A pack of 20 cigarettes costs €14.50 here in Ireland. Before lockdown travel restrictions i used to get friends traveling abroad to bring me back 4-5 boxes with 10 packs each that would last me months. At present i'm only buying packs of 35 cigarettes each for 25€ and it last me a full week.

4 hours ago, Detective_Crockett said:

I mean regular cigarettes it's got so expensive! You can buy tobacco alone and roll your own, and that's cheaper but it doesn't feel quite the same. 

Get a rolling machine. They let you pack them almost as tight as the industrial ones do.

17 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Get a rolling machine. They let you pack them almost as tight as the industrial ones do.

Even with a rolling machine, I just don't get as much from roll ups as I would a regular smoke, which kinda sucks.