Good Trousers - Options

Datona23

Hello,

Have not posted on here in a long while.

I am still trying to find some good trousers that fit the look, on top of the ones I already have. I have some pure linen pleated ones, which were quite expensive, but look quite smart and not as baggy and relaxed as the trousers that make the look casual.

One option I seem to see across the internet, for both the US and UK I presume, are these really relaxed and quite cheap trousers. The link below is a prime example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114684713549?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&var=414845410290

They often come with drawstrings, which will not do, however there are some that do not. They are polyester or cotton, or a mix of both, however because they are so thin, they do not look like the typical no-go blend trousers. They are not pleated and are thin.. making it look much more casual and comfy.

Same below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinatge-Mens-Linen-Cotton-Trousers-Beach-Holiday-Cool-Hippy-Pants-Pajamas-Pants/203271633781?var=503629168267&hash=item2f53eefb75:g:NSYAAOSwuvBgH9Rm

I have also seen these types of cheap, relaxed lightweight trousers called 'joggers' now at H&M etc. The link below shows a cream example, that could go with the look:

https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0884398002.html

Does anyone here have experience of wearing these types of cheaper, thin, 'lightweight' trousers and are they any good? It is just very hard to find lightweight trousers, without drawstrings, that are not 'skinny fit' or 'slim fit' as most brands have them.

Regards.

Edited by Datona23

Hey man, at the price they're asking, just buy one and try! You can't go wrong with £10 trousers, just remember that they're probably cheap shite from China and won't last you more than a couple of weeks. But you don't lose much financially from the purchase.

Remember that Crockett isn't wearing these cheap drawstring yoga pants, he's wearing white pleated linen trousers. If you find something like that in the UK, do share!

I have 2 pairs of pants by Travis Mathews that *I think* are golf pants. They are very lightweight, do not wrinkle and are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. They're made of mostly polyester with a bit of spandex, but they have a straight-fit cut, so they're not tight. I got them used online for $25 each, but they're probably a lot more brand new (I get my clothes cheap, used, online mostly due to my short stature and simply can't find things in my size in typical dept. stores unless I wanna get them hemmed, which I typically avoid).

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

I have 2 pairs of pants by Travis Mathews that *I think* are golf pants. They are very lightweight, do not wrinkle and are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. They're made of mostly polyester with a bit of spandex, but they have a straight-fit cut, so they're not tight. I got them used online for $25 each, but they're probably a lot more brand new (I get my clothes cheap, used, online mostly due to my short stature and simply can't find things in my size in typical dept. stores unless I wanna get them hemmed, which I typically avoid).

I’ve also heard of this brand  and think I have seen them in Sears.

7 hours ago, Lit Up said:

Hey man, at the price they're asking, just buy one and try! You can't go wrong with £10 trousers, just remember that they're probably cheap shite from China and won't last you more than a couple of weeks. But you don't lose much financially from the purchase.

Remember that Crockett isn't wearing these cheap drawstring yoga pants, he's wearing white pleated linen trousers. If you find something like that in the UK, do share!

Yes, it is worth a punt I guess. In terms of look and price, M and S miracle fit trousers (regular fit) are fully linen, lightweight and not drawstring. Also pleated. I own a few pairs, however they do not do any in white or khaki/cream. It is hard to find any anywhere else that are not super slim fit. If you own any decent trousers, where did you get them from? Is linen blend alright do you think?

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

In the UK, given I would not be searching for linen trousers, what would loose fitting cotton/polyester Vice like trousers come under? How would you search for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, Datona23 said:

In the UK, given I would not be searching for linen trousers, what would loose fitting cotton/polyester Vice like trousers come under? How would you search for them.

I wish I could help you man. As a fellow UK crockett I'd love a solution. I've seen lots of things online which come close but not quite. 

I wear white uniqlo stretch jeans but these are slim fit and not vice trousers. However they can be used when borrowing the colour palette of vice if not the actual fits. 

Try these and see how you get on. They're not linen though

https://shop.julianhainesbowls.uk/henselite-mens-trousers-grey-white-p-251.html

On 3/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, Datona23 said:

There's nothing wrong with linen trousers. Here's another option, but a bit on the expensive side for what will certainly be Chinese made.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gurkha-Pants-White-Linen-Mens-Casual-Pleated-High-Adjustable-Waist-Trousers-/224012330103

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lit Up said:

There's nothing wrong with linen trousers. Here's another option, but a bit on the expensive side for what will certainly be Chinese made.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gurkha-Pants-White-Linen-Mens-Casual-Pleated-High-Adjustable-Waist-Trousers-/224012330103

These  aren't bad, I prefer a narrow legged style. Bit expensive though....and linen creases horribly.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:55 PM, wolfie1996 said:

linen creases horribly

Did you know that this is what everybody in the 80s wanted? Ralph Lauren used to put "guaranteed to wrinkle" on their linen menswear just in case you were in any doubt.

2 minutes ago, Lit Up said:

Did you know that this is what everybody in the 80s wanted? Ralph Lauren used to put "guaranteed to wrinkle" on their linen menswear just in case you were in any doubt.

Did they really? Personally I wouldn't like to look like I slept on a park bench.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 4:25 PM, Lit Up said:

Here's another option of nice trousers in a vicey-colour from vlone clothing shop. Pair with tshirt instead of shirt and you might be looking 80s.

https://simonjamescathcart.com/collections/chinos/products/jade-king-cole-trousers

I am a big fan of trousers like these. Yeah this is a nice option for trousers especially the colors are really coo.

• 8 months later...

I've bought 4 pairs of INC (International Concepts) regular fit dress pants that are made of linen. White, 2 in tan/beige or off white, and light/medium blue. They run very wide and long (I've had to have them all hemmed) but they are hands down, no contest, the MOST comfortable dress pants I've ever worn. Found them all on sites like poshmark and Mercari for probably no more than $30 brand new with tags each (add another $12 for the hemming).

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 5:30 AM, Lit Up said:

I think linen Gurkha style is the best shot here, though I cannot be 100% sure what @Datona23 originally meant by "fit the look", but guessing Miami Vice look?

@wolfie1996 they don't have to crease that much. I bought two pairs of linen trousers and they are fine, maybe depends on the fabric quality/sourcing. 

One pair I got has the waist fastening part like this: https://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/en/glen-plaid-linen-suit-trouser-3616531057894.html 

And the other is a proper gurkha, like this https://suitsupply.com/en-af/men/trousers/light-grey-gurkha-braddon-trousers/B1226A.html 

I bought both at Suit Supply, which is a chain in the US, sorry I don't know the UK market. They were $200 each which might be pricey... but the store also tailors them to you, they are very comfortable, and the high quality should last for a long time.

You can go for a younger look with fewer pleats, e.g. just 1, or for a more classical style baggier on top can go with 3 pleats. 

Appreciate the question as it had been a conundrum to me for a while as well. I think I figured it out with the above, but hesitate to buy more because of the price and unsure which other color to get! (my two pairs are white/cream color).

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Marks and Spencer have some decent linen trousers for sale right now, I just bought 2 pairs on my recent visit there, according to the feedback it said that they fit a little on the small side so I ordered 1 size up and they fit like they were made to measure for me.

If you are in the UK the next day delivery service is great. If you are in the EU they can ship from Spain so there is no duty or customs delays.

Search results for "linen trousers" (marksandspencer.com)

• 1 year later...

Marks and Spencer don't do wide leg trousers, so what's the point? 

Gurkha style is not what Crockett wore. 

Come on lads :)