MV Reference/Homage in GarageBand

AndrewRemington

I finally got a new computer. My MacBook I was previously using was from 2008 (and a hand-me-down from my big brother.) I just got a new iMac with 27" display, and it is phenomenal! This is quite a treat for music-making, photo-editing, and video-editing!

Well, in the new GarageBand, there is an homage to "Miami Vice" and Jan Hammer on their simulated flanger pedal. For those not musically-inclined, I believe Jan used this effect frequently on guitar or guitar-like songs. It's really hard to explain the sound. Anyway, here is a picture of the of the "pedal."

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 12.03.13 PM.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

I finally got a new computer. My MacBook I was previously using was from 2008 (and a hand-me-down from my big brother.) I just got a new iMac with 27" display, and it is phenomenal! This is quite a treat for music-making, photo-editing, and video-editing!

Well, in the new GarageBand, there is an homage to "Miami Vice" and Jan Hammer on their simulated flanger pedal. For those not musically-inclined, I believe Jan used this effect frequently on guitar or guitar-like songs. It's really hard to explain the sound. Anyway, here is a picture of the of the "pedal."

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 12.03.13 PM.png

Love this - makes me smile.

• Like 1

I just noticed that besides the Broadway font, they also used Futura font, which was used for the MV credits/titles. However, Futura seems to be everywhere! It's a very common font. Nonetheless, I love Futura and use it regularly for my own graphics. It's very legible, but has more style and grace than boring old Helvetica or Times New Roman.

Edited by AndrewRemington