Bren Ten For Sale!

timm525

• Administrators

Team,

I was just on Gunbroker.com and saw a mint Bren Ten in 10mm chromed like Sonny’s for a mear 16K! :sick:

This is NOT my gun, just passing the info along. If it were my gun, it would be sitting in my safe until I croaked! That would not be something I would ever sell. That being said, I don’t ever expect I’ll have 16K laying around to buy a safe queen. Maybe someone here could give it a good home and love it?

Click —> https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895859550

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Team,

I was just on Gunbroker.com and saw a mint Bren Ten in 10mm chromed like Sonny’s for a mear 16K! :sick:

This is NOT my gun, just passing the info along. If it were my gun, it would be sitting in my safe until I croaked! That would not be something I would ever sell. That being said, I don’t ever expect I’ll have 16K laying around to buy a safe queen. Maybe someone here could give it a good home and love it?

Click —> https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895859550

$16,000??????????????????????would have to be gold plated to justify that for me! Then again I never  cared for them....aesthetically. He didn't always use one anyway, did he?

Matt, that's an outrageous price.  A lot of gun manufacturers make 10 mm pistols these days.  If anyone is interested in firing 10 mm, just check the internet.  And ammo can be bought in most gun stores for a lot less than was posted.  My  friend has a new 10mm Smith and Wesson, great gun, have fired it, lots of hitting power.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

$16,000??????????????????????would have to be gold plated to justify that for me! Then again I never  cared for them....aesthetically. He didn't always use one anyway, did he?

Looks more like stainless to me, and the "buy now" on Gunbroker is usually someone's fantasy evaluation. I think they're going for that much because they claim it's never been fired.

And for later seasons, Sonny switched to Smith & Wesson .45s (the 645 and then 4506...the early version). Me? If I had the money I'd bid on this one: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894982629

I'm a big fan of the third-gun Smiths, and you don't see 845s very often... Got a 4506-1 now, and I wouldn't part with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

Looks more like stainless to me, and the "buy now" on Gunbroker is usually someone's fantasy evaluation. I think they're going for that much because they claim it's never been fired.

And for later seasons, Sonny switched to Smith & Wesson .45s (the 645 and then 4506...the early version). Me? If I had the money I'd bid on this one: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894982629

I'm a big fan of the third-gun Smiths, and you don't see 845s very often... Got a 4506-1 now, and I wouldn't part with it.

That is definitely more like it! I used to have a S&W .357 magnum revolver with the trigger lightened for competitions and pachmyr grips but as you will know, we all had to give ours up when they changed the law (together with my other four.) All sadly missed. You're very lucky in the USA  that you have different firearms laws.

I'm really happy with the 4506-1. Smith used the 10mm frame for it, so it can handle just about any load you want (including .45+P) and just doesn't jam. Some claim it's too heavy, but that doesn't bother me. Stainless steel reliability beats out just about anything...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

A dollar a round to shoot that as well, although I doubt the new owner will care much.

Maybe if you're using high-end hollow points (or personal defense rounds, as they call them now), but standard FMJ (fine for practice) should be, as Jim points out, much less. And so long as the bullet's the same (weight and powder charge) there's no real reason to use HP rounds for practice on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I'm really happy with the 4506-1. Smith used the 10mm frame for it, so it can handle just about any load you want (including .45+P) and just doesn't jam. Some claim it's too heavy, but that doesn't bother me. Stainless steel reliability beats out just about anything...

"and just doesn't jam..." music to my ears! That's the only thing about automatics, if you're competing and that happens...........

2 hours ago, Gary1911A1 said:

the current bid is $90001.00. At that price I could get several pistols. 

I believe it’s actually $9,001 USD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

I too have the 645 and 4506. I like the 645 a little better. Both shoot great tough. 

4 hours ago, timm525 said:

I too have the 645 and 4506. I like the 645 a little better. Both shoot great tough. 

I'm not a fan of the hooked front trigger guard, which is why I got the 4506-1. I've fired both the 645 and 4506, and the 06 just suits me better. They're both great guns, though, and reliable as all get out.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

That's a beauty.  Maybe if I had more money than sense I'd bid.  Only problem around my area is finding ammo.

I just read somewhere that companies should start getting back to normal around the summer of this year for ammo, so hopefully you and I can both have some. I have a Sig P220 and a P365 and I've been meaning to shoot them for quite a while now...I think the last time I shot according to my logs was 10/10/2020. I have about 450 9mm FMJ rounds but no FMJ rounds in .45 ACP unfortunately...

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:06 AM, codemaster94 said:

I just read somewhere that companies should start getting back to normal around the summer of this year for ammo, so hopefully you and I can both have some. I have a Sig P220 and a P365 and I've been meaning to shoot them for quite a while now...I think the last time I shot according to my logs was 10/10/2020. I have about 450 9mm FMJ rounds but no FMJ rounds in .45 ACP unfortunately...

Can you not reload your own? We used to sometimes but you do need a press.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:09 AM, Gary1911A1 said:

This a Sig 220 in 10MM. Cost was about $1,200.00 for the pistol. I think it has a lot to offer over the Bren.

636C64FE-9603-4205-B317-E120C09A2E88.jpeg

I just realized how long my post got after seeing your Sig Gary.

My horses. Sig P220 Legion DA/SA in .45 ACP and a Sig P365 with an XL frame and a Streamlight TLR-6 Laser/Light. I'm currently switching out the sights on the P365 with TruGlo TFX Pros because I dropped it doing a draw from an ankle holster over concrete like a dumbass...and the rear left sight vial broke. Whoops. I want to change out the rail light with a FOXTROT365 Light.

20201006_160214.jpg

20201006_160235.jpg

• Like 1

There's a lot to be said for the Sig 220 in any caliber. I can more safely lower the hammer on a live round with the Sig's decocker than by hand like on the Bren. That's a huge factor in a pistol you have to constantly clear going in and out of various lockup facilities and interview rooms. Plus if you live on a boat like Sonny it's only a matter of when your thumb slips off the hammer and you got a hole in your boat. upsets other boaters nearby too. I think Michael Mann liked the Sig 220 too as Sonny used it in the pilot movie, when Sonny went bad and in other movies Mann did. Still my favorite DA/SA Pistol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary1911A1 said:

There's a lot to be said for the Sig 220 in any caliber. I can more safely lower the hammer on a live round with the Sig's decocker than by hand like on the Bren. That's a huge factor in a pistol you have to constantly clear going in and out of various lockup facilities and interview rooms. Plus if you live on a boat like Sonny it's only a matter of when your thumb slips off the hammer and you got a hole in your boat. upsets other boaters nearby too. I think Michael Mann liked the Sig 220 too as Sonny used it in the pilot movie, when Sonny went bad and in other movies Mann did. Still my favorite DA/SA Pistol.

Same thing for the second and third generation Smith & Wessons.