Re-boot of Miami Vice

JoeHenn1

Anyone in here hear anything about the comeback that was suppose to be 2021? Caught a few snip-its on YouTube, but with Covid and all, not sure where it's at or if it even get picked up.

• Like 1

Yeah, there’s been some awesome looking teasers made and put on YouTube...but they’re “fan teasers”. From what I understand, they’re sadly not real...only wishful what-ifs. But, they look so real and superb! I sooo wish they could actually be made!! 

• Like 1

I don't know, been reading where Vin Diesel is trying to do this. Also, in a UK talk show interview of DJ for Knives out, he was asked spot on about a revival and gave a very strange answer. We can only hope. Tried checking the Miami Dade permits, but nada....

This thing about the reboot has been around for the past 4-5 years.....don't really know what's going to happen but i think if they wanted to, this would have been on TV already.

• Like 1

If they would do a “revival” such as these fan-teasers on YouTube, rather than a “reboot” with all different people & different idea...it might be cool. Otherwise I agree...leave MV alone. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

This thing about the reboot has been around for the past 4-5 years.....don't really know what's going to happen but i think if they wanted to, this would have been on TV already.

The reboot will show up right after Tim Truman's Vice album.  :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Better to leave it alone but it would be interesting if they brought it back for 10 episodes and it was centered around Tubbs son, finding out he is alive and well in his mid 30s.

Let RobbieC do the writing:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think they could have done a reunion movie in the 90s with the original cast, within no more than 5-10 years since the events of 'Freefall'. That would have been great. But doing a reboot or whatever just for the sake of it, it would make more harm than good to the legacy of the show.

• Like 1