Hi, I don't have an addiction. I'm just a Miami Vice Fan.

Miami_JBT

Born and raised in Miami, FL. As a child, I witnessed the real Miami Vice going on in the streets. My Father was a special agent during that era and worked the real drug cases that the show was based off of. I later started my own LE career in South Florida. I've since hanged up the badge. But I still carry and sometimes do so with my Father's original Galco Jackass rig that my Father wore back in the day.

7QZvEMs.jpg

Yeah, that's a S&W Model 645. :cheers:

Edited by Miami_JBT
Adding photo
  • Like 9

Welcome to a fellow Native Miamian.  We are an endangerd species these days .  I know you will enjoy this site, great info and people.  Where did you grow up in Mijami?  I grew up in the SW section 28th Street between Coral Way and Bird Road.

Edited by miamijimf

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Welcome to a fellow Native Miamian.  We are an endangerd species these days .  I know you will enjoy this site, great info and people.  Where did you grow up in Mijami?  I grew up in the SW section 28th Street between Coral Way and Bird Road.

My childhood is split up between three locations. 

First was Winston Park. Due to Hurricane Andrew, I later moved a little further west on Kendall Drive to Kendall Lakes and lived right across from Don Carter's Bowling Alley when it was on the intersection by SW 137th Ave for a few years and I finally moved to the Hialeah/Miami Lakes border area next to NW 67th Ave until I left South Florida as an adult.  

• Like 3

Nice piece ! I own a brand new Galco Miami Classic but I can't find a Jackass holster component for my 1911... The muzzle not being angled upwards takes a lot more space

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:42 PM, Miami_JBT said:

Born and raised in Miami, FL. As a child, I witnessed the real Miami Vice going on in the streets. My Father was a special agent during that era and worked the real drug cases that the show was based off of. I later started my own LE career in South Florida. I've since hanged up the badge. But I still carry and sometimes do so with my Father's original Galco Jackass rig that my Father wore back in the day.

7QZvEMs.jpg

Yeah, that's a S&W Model 645. :cheers:

Nice! Were you and your dad in Miami PD or Metro Dade? The badge looks like Miami Police dpt if i'm not mistaken.

14 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Nice! Were you and your dad in Miami PD or Metro Dade? The badge looks like Miami Police dpt if i'm not mistaken.

Dad was Dade County Public Safety Department (Metro Dade prior to them becoming Metro Dade), Dade left them in 1980 to become a Special Agent. In 1981 the agency changed their name to Metro Dade Police Department and in 1997 the agency again changed its name to Miami-Dade Police Department. 

Neither of us were ever with City of Miami nor was I ever with MDPD. I was with another well respected agency in Miami-Dade County and became a Plainclothes Agent with the State afterwards. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

If you're not addicted then you're in the wrong place dude!  Everyone here is a Vice addict!

Just kidding!  Welcome to the site!  :clap::thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Miami_JBT said:

Dad was Dade County Public Safety Department (Metro Dade prior to them becoming Metro Dade), Dade left them in 1980 to become a Special Agent. In 1981 the agency changed their name to Metro Dade Police Department and in 1997 the agency again changed its name to Miami-Dade Police Department. 

Neither of us were ever with City of Miami nor was I ever with MDPD. I was with another well respected agency in Miami-Dade County and became a Plainclothes Agent with the State afterwards. 

Thanks man, I had a further look at the picture and that's a state agency badge all right. :) Welcome to the best fan site on earth!