Hello from The Netherlands

Dutch Guy

Hi everybody

I’m John,born 1970, and a Miami Vice fan from the moment it aired. Still watch it from time to time om dvd.

80 % or more of the music i listen to is 80’s, i turned my backyard into a sub-tropical palm paradise and i own a 1981 380SL.

When i was in Miami of course  i visited some of the filming locations. Love the 80’s in general  and really miss it. Love this site too.

I’ll post some more pics later. That’s it for now . Tnx for accepting me into the group.

John

77CEBEBC-B784-48CF-8FB6-ABDAB4084BC4.jpeg.298f58a850fa2e508f18f403b0bafa3f.jpeg

• Like 10

Welcome to the sight @Dutch Guy!

My older sister was born in 1970, and she watched the original broadcasts of Miami Vice. That’s how I got here! :) 

Great car, by the way! I made my first star emblem purchase recently. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Dutch Guy said:

Hi everybody

I’m John,born 1970, and a Miami Vice fan from the moment it aired. Still watch it from time to time om dvd.

80 % or more of the music i listen to is 80’s, i turned my backyard into a sub-tropical palm paradise and i own a 1981 380SL.

When i was in Miami of course  i visited some of the filming locations. Love the 80’s in general  and really miss it. Love this site too.

I’ll post some more pics later. That’s it for now . Tnx for accepting me into the group.

John

Looks like you found the right place John!  Welcome back to the 80's!

• Like 3

I don’t have that much MV style clothes,because i don’t go very often all-out dressed like DJ or PMT.

Usually i wear a blazer with jeans,or linnen pants with a shirt,without the blazer. Bugger is the climate down here.

Lots of rain and cold most of the year. Or suddenly a few days of 35 centigrade. ;(

i understood. pretty awesome. i was thinking of buying a bougainvillea too. but i'm too lazy to take out/in a pot (too cold in winter to plant)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all.

The plan was for last year to spent 2 weeks in Florida. 1 in Miami and 1 on the west coast to go dolphin spotting. Had the hotel reservations and all.

Alas…….Hopefully in the near future.

In Germany, the numbers of people suffering from Corona are just decreasing and since last week Sunday, relaxed regulations are in force for fully vaccinated people and those recovering from the disease. I think the numbers should improve in other countries as well. Maybe next year vacations and other events will be possible again. That would be nice, because I unfortunately had quite a few readings canceled due to Corona.

@Dutch GuyYour picture reminded me of a piece of artwork I once saw that really stuck with me.

The photograph is by Caitlin Teal Price and titled, "Clarice, In Red".

IMG_2922.jpg.bd6b0713ccb0f34ffdfd9ad3508e1f4e.jpg

Welcome to the site!

• Like 1