Remastering the show

MichaelAce

Hi everyone, I'm not sure this is the right place for my topic but I've recently heard about a few softwares for image upscaling and video frame interpolation by artificial intelligence
What does that mean ? Well it means that we can now render any episode in a 4K 60FPS upgraded version. I love this because I had two versions with both pros and cons:

The 420p version has better colors, a warm atmosphere and probably higher volume whereas the 720p version looks clearer but brigther with less contrast and saturation
Now I have the best of both worlds by upscaling the 420p version to a fluid 1080p video or higher ! It sure doesn't have the same amount of details as the official BluRay version but it's still pretty good and an interesting technology I think

I couldn't capture the exact same frame on the 3 versions but it's close enough to compare yourselves (I suggest you open each picture in a new tab):

420p

420p.thumb.jpg.a9199a1ee058a067176c7e8d2dc156bc.jpg

1080p AI Upscaled version

upscale.thumb.jpg.4c25862003e82ae17200e7bf9679c340.jpg

720p

720p.thumb.jpg.0fc53fe4494168d80555b31db2e39d14.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to let everyone know the link is available:

Like I said, no so great in terms of details but still interesting

• Like 1

• 2 years later...