In honor of Prince

IA-SteveB

It is hard to believe that it has been five years since we lost this musical genius.  I still find it amazing how he taught himself to play so many different instruments and his talent on each of them was just off the charts.  My older sister must have watched Purple Rain a thousand times and I wasn't much interested in him since I was too young to appreciate him then.  I wonder how many teens played the dip in lake Minnetonka scene in slo-mo on VHS.  :)

My favorite song of his.  RIP, Prince.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love Prince! He is one of my biggest influences. He knew how to program drum rhythms like no one else. I also really like his way with words. He was able to paint such portraits with his words. He did everything well, but I’m not a big fan of his work after 1992 or so. I think it’s just the change of the music world overall.

I love a good bassline, but this man had two Billboard #1 songs with no bass. Not even synth bass. “When Doves Cry” and “Kiss” have no bass in them. How? It makes sense if they were just an acoustic guitar or piano song, but not in a rock or funk-rock song.

• Like 1