Rumors

cageyJG

Greetings and mai tais from the Philippine Sea... :cheers:

Now- will someone pls tell me what’s the deal with this rumor about MV2021?! Chances are you guys here all squashed it in 10 seconds but anyone know what the deal is?

Cheers, all

KG

DA88D0B8-15A0-46A5-9BD2-4E64A0A94DDA.jpeg

P.S., if just coming by and saying hey is your thing, that’s cool too. Seeing as we're in off topic.

I just got a bottle of Malibu lime and got some Bailey’s limited ed. Pina Colada, not that I’d mix those, but just to brag. Flavor city!

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 6:38 AM, cageyJG said:

P.S., if just coming by and saying hey is your thing, that’s cool too. Seeing as we're in off topic.

I just got a bottle of Malibu lime and got some Bailey’s limited ed. Pina Colada, not that I’d mix those, but just to brag. Flavor city!

Get some 80% proof yellow absinthe and I'll come by :) It's my favourite...

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, wolfie1996 said:

Get some 80% proof yellow absinthe and I'll come by :) It's my favourite...

Man, I only know one drink to make With absinthe, and that’s a Sazerac. What are you thinking about doing with it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Man, I only know one drink to make With absinthe, and that’s a Sazerac. What are you thinking about doing with it?

Have it with water and sugar.  Specifically, put a sugar cube on a spoon over a glass with absinthe.  Slowly drip cold water over the cube and into the glass.  The absinthe will become opaque and you’ll soon be with the green fairy... or yellow in this case. :)

D4E96F20-E6E0-4946-B23A-C53BC4FF2D86.jpeg

FDD4E70D-E15F-47DF-9BE5-5201EADCF4C3.jpeg

70FDDB3B-CFB3-4296-8FC9-AF543F01206B.jpeg

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2

• Administrators

The last rumor I remember was that Vin Diesel and others associated with the fast & furious franchise were involved.  That was enough for me to lose interest.  Hopefully it remains just a rumor.  

On the flip side, the "Nash Bridges"  TV movie is a reality and is currently filming in San Francisco!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Can you even ask? Drink it neat, of course! Traditionally with the French (green) stuff, you have a small amount and iced water trickled through sugar in an absinthe spoon with it....however in Riga when I asked for an absinthe (only the green 70% stuff unfortunately,) he poured me a whisky glass full (!!!!)  with NO water. Very nice too. You have to like aniseed of course but I do. I think I was probably a trail hound in a previous life :) 

PS I had two and was perfectly OK...................................but should never have had that glass of wine as well with my dinner .........

Edited by wolfie1996

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

The last rumor I remember was that Vin Diesel and others associated with the fast & furious franchise were involved.  That was enough for me to lose interest.  Hopefully it remains just a rumor.  

On the flip side, the "Nash Bridges"  TV movie is a reality and is currently filming in San Francisco!

Wow, I thought a Vin Diesel-led Vice was something that was really going to happen. So, no go on that project then?

2 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Can you even ask? Drink it neat, of course! Traditionally with the French (green) stuff, you have a small amount and iced water trickled through sugar in an absinthe spoon with it....however in Riga when I asked for an absinthe (only the green 70% stuff unfortunately,) he poured me a whisky glass full (!!!!)  with NO water. Very nice too. You have to like aniseed of course but I do. I think I was probably a trail hound in a previous life :) 

PS I had two and was perfectly OK...................................but should never have had that glass of wine as well with my dinner .........

I'm also fan of the green stuff. One should approach it with due care though :)

Off-topic but here's a brief educational story:

In the beginning the guy asks the barkeep 'what kind of a drink is absinthe?'

-J

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff_Cooper said:

I'm also fan of the green stuff. One should approach it with due care though :)

Off-topic but here's a brief educational story:

In the beginning the guy asks the barkeep 'what kind of a drink is absinthe?'

-J

Ha ha! SLIGHT exaggeration , I think! I  enjoy a glass (or two) but rarely for sale here these days unless you get it online or buy it abroad. I had my last drink of the yellow stuff in Prague.

Lots of great reading here and things to think about. All I can say is it’s never boring coming aboard the mighty MV forum. You guys are all the best!

So my buddy showed me all these “new MV promo” YouTube vids with present-day Gina, Switek, Castillo- only a hair of Tubbs I’m afraid. Over 500k views on some of them. No Trudy spotted. And a little of DJ. P.S., Gina still makes my heart go aflutter, that will never change. :happy: But anyway having been a vicer for so long, I have to see it and I mean REALLY see it before I’ll believe it!

Edited by cageyJG
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, cageyJG said:

P.S., Gina still makes my heart go aflutter, that will never change. :happy:

She's still an attractive woman though must be in her 60's by now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfie1996 said:

She's still an attractive woman though must be in her 60's by now. 

I follow her on Instagram ... She ages well :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Lots of great reading here and things to think about. All I can say is it’s never boring coming aboard the mighty MV forum. You guys are all the best!

So my buddy showed me all these “new MV promo” YouTube vids with present-day Gina, Switek, Castillo- only a hair of Tubbs I’m afraid. Over 500k views on some of them. No Trudy spotted. And a little of DJ. P.S., Gina still makes my heart go aflutter, that will never change. :happy: But anyway having been a vicer for so long, I have to see it and I mean REALLY see it before I’ll believe it!

I've seen a number of those videos and I've been able to spot a number of movies that some of those clips came from (The Devil's Own, Den of Thieves, Mayans M.C.). I haven't looked into where all the scenes with the Vice cast came from, but anyway, I find the videos very entertaining. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 12:54 PM, OCBman said:

I've seen a number of those videos and I've been able to spot a number of movies that some of those clips came from (The Devil's Own, Den of Thieves, Mayans M.C.). I haven't looked into where all the scenes with the Vice cast came from, but anyway, I find the videos very entertaining. 

Yes I agree, very entertaining content. The channel is called Miami Beau. I recently became a subscriber when I watched one of the trailers online. Weather the rumours are true or false, there definitely seems to an interest in a potential reboot given the high view counts. 

I already posted this in the YouTube section but for anyone who’s not seen it, out where the buses don’t run sequel of sorts 

• Like 2