Review of Miami Vice Ebel Chronograph 1911

apocalypse

2 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Ahem..don't give up the day job, Dadrian :)

My jokes are always second hand. 

• Haha 3

Shot this today at my summer home. Nevermind the date... I never bother with it as I change watches all the time.

blue_moment-1.jpg

Edited by apocalypse
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Wow, very nice. If you don’t mind me asking. What is the going rate for an Ebel like that today? I know Rolex has gone through the roof. I once bought a submariner brand new for 5k on a Friday only to return it after the weekend on Monday. I had major buyers remorse. I kick myself every time I think about that return! :evil: 

The only nice watch I really own is an Omega Seamaster.  It’s a James Bond think. The one worn by Pierce Brosnan and Danial Craig.

https://www.watch-id.com/sightings/omega-seamaster-25318000-pierce-brosnan-james-bond

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

My jokes are always second hand. 

I need Carlos to make a “groan” Elvis emojis. :)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

This thread was very time consuming, indeed. :)

...but it keeps on ticking.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, timm525 said:

Wow, very nice. If you don’t mind me asking. What is the going rate for an Ebel like that today? I know Rolex has gone through the roof. I once bought a submariner brand new for 5k on a Friday only to return it after the weekend on Monday. I had major buyers remorse. I kick myself every time I think about that return! :evil: 

The only nice watch I really own is an Omega Seamaster.  It’s a James Bond think. The one worn by Pierce Brosnan and Danial Craig.

https://www.watch-id.com/sightings/omega-seamaster-25318000-pierce-brosnan-james-bond

As I wrote in the article the Ebel El Primeros are now cheaper than ever. I bought mine in great condition for 1.8 thousand euros. Very beat up versions can be found for 1.5K, even. They go for around that price now. The full gold versions with bracelet are about 5-7 thousand euros but I've seen them go for even lower than that.

Cheers.

Edited by apocalypse
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, timm525 said:

THIS !!! IS the REAL James Bond watch for the modern era ... Do you have the automatic model or the Quartz one? Since the partnership with EON, Omega loses the head with (too) many differents models on eatch movies. That is what I think at this point. ;(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreezePal said:

Did crocket ever have the wave bracelet or always the link two tone?

Well spotted! Crockett indeed wore the rare wave bracelet:

Crockett.jpg

01-Ebel-1911-El-Primero.jpg

• Like 2

Yes. Crockett had the wave bracelet from the early 2nd season to late 3rd season. Then it changed to this link bracelet. Maybe around "Everybody's in Showbiz" or so. Not 100% sure.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

THIS !!! IS the REAL James Bond watch for the modern era ... Do you have the automatic model or the Quartz one? Since the partnership with EON, Omega loses the head with (too) many differents models on eatch movies. That is what I think at this point. ;(

Both. I have a midsized quarts and an automatic full sized one. I wear the full sized automatic one most days of the week. 

And I agree with you on too many models. They are really pushing that agenda. I really liked how Pierce had the same one for his films. It almost became like his ppk to me. And I’m glad they had Daniel switch back to the ppk. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 5:16 PM, timm525 said:

Both. I have a midsized quarts and an automatic full sized one. I wear the full sized automatic one most days of the week. 

And I agree with you on too many models. They are really pushing that agenda. I really liked how Pierce had the same one for his films. It almost became like his ppk to me. And I’m glad they had Daniel switch back to the ppk. 

Kinda, started with Quartz then went to auto, then Daniel Craig had the Co-Axial shortly before having like 3 different ones per movie.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yeah, Omega is really pushing that angle for more sales. I think that is sad personally.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, timm525 said:

Yeah, Omega is really pushing that angle for more sales. I think that is sad personally.

I don't mind the partnership, TT Ebel did the same with Miami Vice but instead of him having a signature watch and showing off others on less important characters they seem to be adamant on having him wear one item from every line in there catalog.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, apocalypse said:

Yes. Crockett had the wave bracelet from the early 2nd season to late 3rd season. Then it changed to this link bracelet. Maybe around "Everybody's in Showbiz" or so. Not 100% sure.

I think "Knock knock... Whos there?" might be the first with the link.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, FreezePal said:

I don't mind the partnership, TT Ebel did the same with Miami Vice but instead of him having a signature watch and showing off others on less important characters they seem to be adamant on having him wear one item from every line in there catalog.

I think "Knock knock... Whos there?" might be the first with the link.

Yeah. This is from "Knock knock..."

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, apocalypse said:

1000_wrist_shot-2.jpg

One more shot. 

Beautiful. My watch is broken. I need a new one. Thanks for the inspiration! :fireworks:

• Like 1