Boating season 2021

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Today we started into the Boating Season 2021. And finally we managed to get the name of the boat on it. 

9652BB29-D46C-4241-94E6-90640E44FAF1.jpeg

A63DF164-1670-42CD-A733-40D3A6EAF998.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KaeptnCaipi said:

Today we started into the Boating Season 2021. And finally we managed to get the name of the boat on it. 

9652BB29-D46C-4241-94E6-90640E44FAF1.jpeg

A63DF164-1670-42CD-A733-40D3A6EAF998.jpeg

Nice shot?  Where are you at?  We don’t have a boating season in Long Beach! :D

Nice boat, Chris. I hope the weather won´t change so that you can have a long boat season. This year summer just doesn´t feel like coming and staying.

Edited by Christine

1 hour ago, KaeptnCaipi said:

We‘re in Germany near the Rhine River. 

Beautiful!  Do you do day trips or are there nearby destinations to stay on the river?  I love exploring places by boat!  I’m sure there are many for you.  I see you have a bow-rider without a cuddy.  Have you ever slept aboard?  A buddy and I once slept out in the open on his father’s center console fishing boat while tied up at a mooring.  We were under blankets and some of the canvas over night, with just a porta-potti and cooler of drinks and food.  We snorkeled all around the area.  We were young and adventurous! :p  Sounds kind of stupid and less appealing to me now.  :D

One of the most popular destinations here in Southern California is Santa Catalina Island, one of several Channel Islands, but the only one with regular inhabitants.  I’ve sailed there on my sloop Irish Mist many times.  The other islands are pretty much nature reserves and beautiful to explore.  The main town on Catalina is Avalon, and a great place to eat and drink.  The only other town is called Two Harbors and has just a few dozen people, but has a great yearly party called Buccaneer Days.  :eek:

• Like 1

• Administrators
vor 15 Stunden schrieb Christine:

Nice boat, Chris. I hope the weather won´t change so that you can have a long boat season. This year summer just doesn´t feel like coming and staying.

Yes, we hope so, too. But last year we started the same time into the boating season because of corona and we had some great days on the water.

• Like 1

• Administrators
vor 14 Stunden schrieb pahonu:

Beautiful!  Do you do day trips or are there nearby destinations to stay on the river?  I love exploring places by boat!  I’m sure there are many for you.  I see you have a bow-rider without a cuddy.  Have you ever slept aboard?  A buddy and I once slept out in the open on his father’s center console fishing boat while tied up at a mooring.  We were under blankets and some of the canvas over night, with just a porta-potti and cooler of drinks and food.  We snorkeled all around the area.  We were young and adventurous! :p  Sounds kind of stupid and less appealing to me now.  :D

One of the most popular destinations here in Southern California is Santa Catalina Island, one of several Channel Islands, but the only one with regular inhabitants.  I’ve sailed there on my sloop Irish Mist many times.  The other islands are pretty much nature reserves and beautiful to explore.  The main town on Catalina is Avalon, and a great place to eat and drink.  The only other town is called Two Harbors and has just a few dozen people, but has a great yearly party called Buccaneer Days.  :eek:

We only do day trips, as there's no possibility to stay on board over night. We don't have a cabin, the boat is too small for that :p Maybe the next one will have a cabin. There are a lot of little seas besides the Rhine so you can choose a seas you'd like to stay and just relax and swim. And when we're on vacation, we take the boat with us to Croatia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KaeptnCaipi said:

We only do day trips, as there's no possibility to stay on board over night. We don't have a cabin, the boat is too small for that :p Maybe the next one will have a cabin. There are a lot of little seas besides the Rhine so you can choose a seas you'd like to stay and just relax and swim. And when we're on vacation, we take the boat with us to Croatia.

That sounds really nice poking around the Rhine region.  I’ve heard great things about cruising in Croatia too.  Enjoy the season!

• Like 1