My Favorite Commercial Bumper!

ViceFanMan

Back in the 80s shows used to have commercial bumpers about halfway through the commercial time...usually a picture or photo of the show’s logo, or a pic of cast members, and sometimes with a voiceover saying “Whatever Show will be right back...or will return in a moment”. By the 90s they were phased out. Sadly those were usually removed when shows went into syndication & reruns. Most DVD or Blu-Ray sets also don’t contain them. This one below is probably my favorite of all the commercial bumpers...first integrated during 3rd season:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 4

• ViceFanMan changed the title to My Favorite Commercial Bumper!
3 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Back in the 80s shows used to have commercial bumpers about halfway through the commercial time...usually a picture or photo of the show’s logo, or a pic of cast members, and sometimes with a voiceover saying “Whatever Show will be right back...or will return in a moment”. By the 90s they were phased out. Sadly those were usually removed when shows went into syndication & reruns. Most DVD or Blu-Ray sets also don’t contain them. This one below is probably my favorite of all the commercial bumpers...first integrated during 3rd season:

Good ole Stefano DiMera :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Dadrian said:

Good ole Stefano DiMera :) 

The voiceover guy? And, was that the Days of Our Lives bad guy? :) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

The voiceover guy? And, was that the Days of Our Lives bad guy? :) 

Yes and yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Yes and yes

Awesome...I didn’t know he was the voiceover guy! Although I couldn’t stand it, I had a friend in college and she loved Days of Our Lives...so that’s how I thought I remembered the bad guy name, lol! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Awesome...I didn’t know he was the voiceover guy! Although I couldn’t stand it, I had a friend in college and she loved Days of Our Lives...so that’s how I thought I remembered the bad guy name, lol! 

Same here…my sister watched it. 

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Same here…my sister watched it. 

Some of the worst plots & acting Ive ever seen! :p

• Haha 1

I don't know where to find it but there's a really cool bumper from the Pilot. It's like a 30 second montage with "In the Air Tonight" playing over it.

It's really badass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I don't know where to find it but there's a really cool bumper from the Pilot. It's like a 30 second montage with "In the Air Tonight" playing over it.

It's really badass.

There originally was a pre-teaser trailer for the Pilot...don’t know if this is what you were referring to, but here is the one I have:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

There originally was a pre-teaser trailer for the Pilot...don’t know if this is what you were referring to, but here is the one I have:

That's what I was thinking of :thumbsup: Thanks

Seeing that trailer randomly on tv must've been wild.

• Like 1

Just now, Vincent Hanna said:

That's what I was thinking of :thumbsup: Thanks

Seeing that trailer randomly on tv must've been wild.

In all honesty I don’t remember seeing it when the Pilot first aired...I found & got a hold of it years later. But, I’m sure it was amazing to see for those that did watch that night! :glossy: I’ve also read before that some early TV advertising for the show still was going by the original title “Gold Coast”, before it was officially changed to “Miami Vice”. That would be interesting to me, to get to view one of those adverts, for fun. :funky:

• Like 1