Do you think they could've done a MV movie with the original cast?

Vincent Hanna

Like Batman in the 60s.

The only problem is I think the show didn't become super popular until the summer of 1985 and they wouldn't have been able to fit a movie into the schedule in-between the first and second seasons.

..And I don't know how common it was to turn a TV show into a feature length movie.

It would've been really cool though. What do you think?

no, not  as main characters. or if so only in launching episodes, or occasionnal appearances. or if you try the DJ, and PMT card you got to be a super skilled scenarist, i mean a golden pen one. because lot of surgeons will be after you :). I don't think this is possible. personnally i would have liked something totally fresh. like i said once and that was tiedously welcomed here, i would have liked a totally different thing for DJ, and PMT. like for example DJ being an undercover agent in the golden triangle, or PMT owner of a gay club. both giving advices to the main protagonists from time to time. I know it's a little bit mad, but so were the 80s

I should've been more specific, my bad. Could they have made a film while the show was still on the air? Manhunter style.

..Or like 10 years later like Star Trek: The Motion Picture. The movie might've looked like Heat but mid-90s Miami.

I wouldn't have done it in the 90s.  Seems like everything that was cool in the 80s suddenly became uncool in the 90s.  Not to mention, something tells me DJ wouldn't have done it because it would've taken focus away from "Nash Bridges".  I think they could've done it in early 2000s with original cast and it still be believable that they all would still be working.  I'm not sure how they would get Crockett back with the department, unless he shows up as a strung-out beach bum.

• Like 1

The original cast wouldnt be as main roles, but supporting ones.

Sonny as a new hank weldon trapped in a wheelchair could be interesting...

3 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I should've been more specific, my bad. Could they have made a film while the show was still on the air? Manhunter style.

..Or like 10 years later like Star Trek: The Motion Picture. The movie might've looked like Heat but mid-90s Miami.

I think it could have worked if they would have done it like the example you used earlier (the Batman stuff in the '60s). Otherwise it would have just been some kind of sappy throwback (in my view). Star Trek had the advantage of having both a serious cult following and its creator still expressing an interest in what the show was originally. Mann had moved on in many ways, so I think the only way this would have worked well is if it had happened prior to about 1989.

• Like 1

I think they would have needed a really good script with a gripping story. Then it would have gone well in the 2000s. With the idea of using the original cast as support, it would even work today. As I said, it would only depend on the script and the characters would have to be believable. No one would believe an aged Sonny Crockett or Ricardo Tubbs still sprinting after a fleeing dealer like a young god, but there are many possibilities.

Given the climate in the US right now, I don't think a Vice movie would work at all. It would have to warp too much. The moment for such a thing, I think, is well passed.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

As far as a TV movie happening during the shows original run, I don’t think it was ever logically possible. I mean the actors were on set from around June/July and would wrap production in late March. For them to then immediately shoot a stand alone movie then to immediately resume a new season of the show would of been too much for the actors I think. 

The only way they could of done something like this would of been if they produced a standalone TV movie after “Freefall”. Perhaps it could of premiered in fall 1990 giving the show a one year break. It could of focused on the fallout of the events of “Freefall”. And, given NBC wanted a season 6, it may have been possible if Mann/Don wanted to do it. 

Just curious if Nash Bridge will be a success....no..im not wishing bad vibes to don....unhopefully sonny crockett is don´s best character, but...he doesnt owns the rights...i consider a vice reboot dead already.

I watched a mv fan movie on youtube these days, Don still works as Crockett even not being Crockett.

The botox on the cheeks its kinda silly lol