McBurnie Daytona built on '81 Vette platform

Sonny-Burnett

I know some of you were aware I was planning to sell my Daytona a few months back and I had originally planned to list it on my own. But as the sale of my home had already occurred and I was facing a limited amount of time to organize and move out (it sold in 3 days) I realized I had little time to list the car and work with potential buyers. So I contacted the folks at Volo who liked my car and agreed to take on this responsibility, and they did an excellent job of marketing. My car recently sold though I don't have any details about the purchaser. 

For those interested here's a link to the Volo advert along with photos and a video.  https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/16595/1981-ferrari-daytona-replica

Cheers, S-B

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Oh jesus the things you miss,  if I had known I would have taken a look lol I guess this explains why he hasnt been around for awhile, still a nice car though, always liked how the wheels filled it out better, like the wider thicker tires always looked better on the daytona's like this

like when you actually see one where someones gone the full monty and put the original rims and tires on it with the 42mm center spline it really comes alive and becomes rather convincing

I mean I still like the OG car, but it still really sets it off nicely, which is probably the cobra and shelby daytona man in me speaking, as those cars with the gigantic rear wheels just always left an impression with me about meaning business

Edited by Kavinsky

On 12/9/2022 at 1:42 PM, Kavinsky said:

Oh jesus the things you miss,  if I had known I would have taken a look lol I guess this explains why he hasnt been around for awhile, still a nice car though, always liked how the wheels filled it out better, like the wider thicker tires always looked better on the daytona's like this

like when you actually see one where someones gone the full monty and put the original rims and tires on it with the 42mm center spline it really comes alive and becomes rather convincing

I mean I still like the OG car, but it still really sets it off nicely, which is probably the cobra and shelby daytona man in me speaking, as those cars with the gigantic rear wheels just always left an impression with me about meaning business

Greetings, Kavinsky. Well life sometimes gets in the way of things and that's been the case with me these past few years. Sold my Daytona through Volo last summer along with all the Spares I had acquired as I was moving and didn't have a place to store it nor the time to sell it through listings.  Hopefully the new owner is enjoying it as much as I did.  As you probably recall it was one of the later builds and I had all the original paperwork such as the original purchase contract and change orders, along with letters and brochures from Tom Mcburnie who, incidentally, is in a group I joined last year. 

• Like 1

Yeah i know that feeling, I've been looking after my family and their health issues which were more than a shock, eh atleast you had fun with it lol also I found this like half an hour ago, it showed up when I was making reference to one of the scenes from the show, and was looking up a clip from it, next thing I know its like what a minute, I know that car lol

so your car is actually showing up on youtube under the official vice clips, like you did that good a job with it man lol

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 3

On 12/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, Kavinsky said:

Yeah i know that feeling, I've been looking after my family and their health issues which were more than a shock, eh atleast you had fun with it lol also I found this like half an hour ago, it showed up when I was making reference to one of the scenes from the show, and was looking up a clip from it, next thing I know its like what a minute, I know that car lol

so your car is actually showing up on youtube under the official vice clips, like you did that good a job with it man lol

Really,my car came up in an MV search?   Hats off to Volo for their photo session to show the car from various angles. 

Yeah it was the first one under one of the offical searches lol as it was just like okay I, huh lol actually its probably the first footage someones done of one of the daytona spider replicas as close to what they did on the show really lol

also it had proper connolly leather, that in of itself is quite a rarity, as the company that made that has gone bankrupt and been restructured, and apparently its so notable that well, this happened with a DB4

at 4:28. like I thought leather was just leather, turns out it aint lol

also I dont even think the real thing has that, it was most noted on rolls royces, something he worked on way back when

Edited by Kavinsky

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 1:10 AM, Kavinsky said:

Yeah it was the first one under one of the offical searches lol as it was just like okay I, huh lol actually its probably the first footage someones done of one of the daytona spider replicas as close to what they did on the show really lol

also it had proper connolly leather, that in of itself is quite a rarity, as the company that made that has gone bankrupt and been restructured, and apparently its so notable that well, this happened with a DB4

at 4:28. like I thought leather was just leather, turns out it aint lol

also I dont even think the real thing has that, it was most noted on rolls royces, something he worked on way back when

I found it under Searching "mcburnie daytona replica". I didn't know it was still out there.  Yes, mine had high end Connolly leather and the company is no longer around. I had the Work Order to get it installed and a swatch of fabric, both of which went with the car along with purchase docs, change orders, brochures, etc and spare parts.  

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

ah so it didnt come like that, probably bought it from Mcburnie and had it modified with the rear suspension setup, and then had that upgrade done, kinda funny they didnt do the carb upgrade however, but I guess smog and all that

kinda funny really, in the corvette books I have, the one written by the guy who supplied Lotus UK the parts to make the ZR1, tom falconer he mentions that you can actually take the fuel injection system of the C4 vette and fit it on an old 283 and it'll run better, cleaner and make more power, wonder if the same thing could be done with a stock C3, like just take the unit off and stick it on.

not unlike what people are doing with the Holly Dominator system nowadays