Get yourself ready to say goodbye to Greenwich Studios

daytona365

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Tom said:

Former Greenwich Studios are a gymnastics facility now! "Top Gym Miami"

https://topgymmiami.com/our-facility/

If this means they aren't bulldozing the building like I expected, then I'm thrilled about this news.  For 15 years I've been waiting for a chance to walk around the parking lot and see the spots where they filmed, but it was always restricted.  Now I might finally be able to get in there!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, airtommy said:

If this means they aren't bulldozing the building like I expected, then I'm thrilled about this news.  For 15 years I've been waiting for a chance to walk around the parking lot and see the spots where they filmed, but it was always restricted.  Now I might finally be able to get in there!

Maybe we could go in and reenact “Rat Race” :) 

• Haha 1

Gerade eben schrieb Dadrian:

Maybe we could go in and reenact “Rat Race” :) 

The good thing now is with all the kids in there nobody will laugh at you when you do that! :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

Good point!

Damn that building has been empty years and on the market for a long period also — so obviously was not sold.

On 3/5/2023 at 6:06 AM, Tom said:

Former Greenwich Studios are a gymnastics facility now! "Top Gym Miami"

https://topgymmiami.com/our-facility/

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-05 um 12.05.36.png

Unlikely this will happen , I was there today and it is all boarded up with a notice outside saying financing available. The whole facility looks rundown, the building was sold for $5 million under asking in 2021 but the developing company have ran into financial problems the manager at Wholefoods opposite told me. 
Interesting the downfall of Greenwich studios finally after years of less productions was due to Atlanta introducing the tax breaks where many new shows and movies are filmed. 
Michael Mann also choose to work out of the Greenberg Traurig building on Brickell and a couple of the new buildings in Brickell from May 2005 - November 2005 basing operations there for the big screen movie of “Miami Vice” and did not consider Greenwich studios as all the movie was shot on location in the Miami area and South America. Post production was done in Santa Monica.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Thanks to @Toms fine detective work - I was able to take on Saturday this exact shot from “ World of Trouble”  filmed at the front of the studios in North Miami. Two supports and back wall behind Lombard intact too.:)

85071D09-0FBC-49BB-86EF-B05B78683214.jpeg

9DED0970-BA6A-4591-9ABF-08FC87A0160D.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Matt5:

Thanks to @Toms fine detective work - I was able to take on Saturday this exact shot from “ World of Trouble”  filmed at the front of the studios in North Miami. Two supports and back wall behind Lombard intact too.:)

85071D09-0FBC-49BB-86EF-B05B78683214.jpeg

9DED0970-BA6A-4591-9ABF-08FC87A0160D.jpeg

Thanks for the mention, this was an easy case.

BTW: the wall on the left is close as to where Crockett got his Testarossa in Stone´s war. Did you look if the car is still there after Crockett´s resignation? You could reenact Freefall and go to the airport in YOUR stolen car then! :dance2:

• Like 1