Crockett's Ferrari Keychain? Any Idea Where To Get One?

Victor

Was always get hyped by the "suit up" scene where Sonny gets ready to go run with the night.so I know its was mentioned before in the forum but decided to ask again about that Ferrari key charm which is on the table.is there by any way or a place where I could get one?

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Was always get hyped by the "suit up" scene where Sonny gets ready to go run with the night.so I know its was mentioned before in the forum but decided to ask again about that Ferrari key charm which is on the table.is there by any way or a place where I could get one?

Have you checked with local trophy shops? They could probably etch it for you if you could come up with a blank. 

• Like 1

this thing actually looks quite cheap, a very generic key tag with very generic punched lettering. I guess it was custom made by the prop department, so as suggested by Dadrian, I would try with a trophy shop or locksmith etc.

Of course for a Vice fan, this would be a cool item to have (especially if you have the matching McBurnie car along with it).

https://www.justsimplyblanks.co.uk/14-x-50mm-metal-stampingengraving-blank---laser-cut---aluminiumbrass-and-copper-790-p.asp

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33058124825.html

grafik.png.aae1c73a3b5f2fcdacbb4bc8f6801804.png grafik.png.288ac266f6aff846a2cfb539c0ade87e.pnggrafik.png.834a445855c2d0d422cdcf7b57e5dc60.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 2

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, pahonu said:

Those photos must be for the Daytona as the key is cut single sided.  By the 80’s and the Testarossa it would have been a double sided key.

Looks more like a house key than a car key.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pahonu said:

By the 80’s and the Testarossa it would have been a double sided key.

That folds after ignition to keep your knee from breaking it off!

Or was that the 512TR?

The screenshot is from Season 1 btw, so definitely the Daytona. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Looks more like a house key than a car key.

My father had a white MG TD many years ago when I was still in the house, a 52 or 53, I believe.  It had suicide doors and no top, just little deflector type side windows on each side of the windshield.  It was really pretty cool but very quirky, to say the least.  I barely fit in the thing, it was so narrow, but the leg room was more than might be expected. 

Anyway, it used a little key that was one sided and resembled a padlock key even more than a house key.  There was a panel with some gauges in the middle to start it.  You put the key in on the right and turned it so the fuel pump would start.  Then once it was making this ticking noise of the fuel pump, you pulled out the choke knob on the right.  There was an identical knob to the left that you pulled to actually engage the starter and get the engine running.  

My favorite story regarding this car was when I drove my wife, then girlfriend, and I to a friend’s party.  Everyone loved the car and earlier in the night I took a couple of friends for a ride… then I got plastered.  I couldn’t drive home so she did, but didn’t know how to start the car.  Luckily, she drove a manual herself, but I recall explaining to her step by step what to do to start it and how to use the turn indicator, which was this switch also in the center console.  None of the controls had labels or anything.  

She hated driving it so much and was so pissed at me when we got back to our apartment, but she still married me. :thumbsup:  We made it home safely, but the next afternoon when we took the car back to my dad, I looked down and realized we drove home that night with choke on the whole time!  Once we were on our way, in my drunken stupor I forgot to tell her to push it back in after it warmed up.  It was probably because I fell asleep on the way home. :)

• Like 1

This was discussed quite awhile ago and I did manage to find one that seems to be an exact replica of the screen used key fob. 

Scroll down to my 5/12/14 post 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1