Gina's Miami - Miami is also a PLACE.

Augusta

I've been part of New York City since the 70's. 
I've had it confirmed to me, through friends who lived there, and through journalists who reported the lifestyles and politics and street-beat of that city back then, that MIAMI actually was the culture and lifestyle that Miami Vice hinted at in the 80's.  True, "Miami Dade" police was not the department that the series portrayed, BUT... the "city", the feel, the vibe, (err...yep the coke enthusiasm too, sadly) was depicted surprisingly well by the show AT THAT TIME in the 1980's.

But I want to know what the city was like in 2017 (I want to keep safely away the coronavirus years, of course--cuz that changed things in life like a heart attack). 
And only someone who lives there, or has close ties to people over there, can give us a frank, street and night and energy description of the place.
Any members live in Miami?  Have relatives there?  Visit there regularly?

I don't imagine the white powder is still the chosen seasoning at everyone's party anymore... But is there still a party life as vivid as in the 80's?  Is there still a cubano infusion in the flavor and the vibe of city? (and I mean that in a spirited way, not as some kind of a prejudice)
Is it something you can still see in art exhibits, in music performances at night clubs, at marina parties?

Is there still a feeling that "the wealthy are partying on levels the common folk can only pass by and glimpse from a distance"?

Anyone's contribution would be very much appreciated.  I'm hungry for a poor-man's education.

Cuban Gina.jpg

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...