Question to those who were around in the 80s

Viceguy

1 minute ago, IA-SteveB said:

I was in elementary school/junior high when Vice was on.  My friend had a paper route and was a huge Vice fan, so he was able to buy himself the cropped blazers and Crockett outfits of the time.  I didn't watch the show back then but I can still remember all of the cool clothes he wore to school and the girls were after him daily.  A lot of kids at the time were wearing parachute pants since the breakdancing scene was very popular in this same timeframe.  I am guilty of belonging to that crowd and it was way fun.  My go-to outfit was black parachute pants, black Chuck Taylors with neon horizontal lacing, a neon handkerchief tied around the thigh.  Good times that I fondly remember.  As far as I was concerned, I WAS Ozone from the movie Breakin'.

Cool story and experience! I could never get breakdancing down, but I liked it right away, and still do. Boom boxes as well. I had parachute pants, and later I learned the equation E=MC Hammer, so I also had Hammer pants and Hammer "steps" in my hair (I'd still take Hammer Time over Daylight Savings Time, honestly:D).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

I was in elementary school/junior high when Vice was on.  My friend had a paper route and was a huge Vice fan, so he was able to buy himself the cropped blazers and Crockett outfits of the time.  I didn't watch the show back then but I can still remember all of the cool clothes he wore to school and the girls were after him daily.  A lot of kids at the time were wearing parachute pants since the breakdancing scene was very popular in this same timeframe.  I am guilty of belonging to that crowd and it was way fun.  My go-to outfit was black parachute pants, black Chuck Taylors with neon horizontal lacing, a neon handkerchief tied around the thigh.  Good times that I fondly remember.  As far as I was concerned, I WAS Ozone from the movie Breakin'.

How about Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo?  :p

My wife and I still use that title to refer to movie sequels in general.  Fun memories!  I never saw the sequel actually but very much remember Shabba-Do and Poppin’ Pete. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pahonu said:

How about Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo?  :p

My wife and I still use that title to refer to movie sequels in general.  Fun memories!  I never saw the sequel actually but very much remember Shabba-Do and Poppin’ Pete. :thumbsup: 

Yeah, I like applying the Electric Boogaloo thing in regular life when it's the 2nd of something, anything (like "Stir Fry Dinner 2: Electric Boogaloo"); it's just something I think is so much fun to say (like the name "Rae Dawn Chong":)). Electric Boogaloo, well, I'm just glad that was created; I feel we are all happier for that development!