I´m happy, because "The Time Of The Poet" is available in German now!

Christine

I'm totally happy right now, because since yesterday my crime novel "The Time of the Poet" is now available on Amazon. It was a very difficult birth that took fourteen hours because the formatting kept flying off and I had to start all over again.
I'm thinking about translating it into English, of course. I would have to do it myself because a professional translator gets paid by the word count and would take almost 20,000 euros in my case.
Now the sale starts in German for now and I am very excited. The novel is structured so that I can also use my fan fictions after a rewrite.

• Like 4

vor 1 Stunde schrieb jpaul1:

i don't read german. I'll wait for the english version. Did you make some advertising for it

Yesterday I started with the advertising for the german version on different platforms.

• Like 2

Am 19.9.2021 um 16:03 schrieb jpaul1:

i don't read german. I'll wait for the english version. Did you make some advertising for it

The translation in english is running and I hope tha I can offer the thriller in December.

• Like 3

"The Poet" annoys me. Well, he is a killer and accordingly he must be different from others. :) I told you that the book was published and I received the first copies last week. :eek: I don't know what went wrong. I had followed the guidelines on Amazon exactly, but the font was tiny. At most half the size it was in the uploaded manuscript. 
For me, that meant sending everything back and going back to the manuscript, checking everything again. That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, which of course postpones everything I had planned.
Since everything else is very chaotic for me at the moment, this fits in perfectly.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb jpaul1:

keep it up. only the one who never tries anything never fail. there's always something to learn from failures

The last two weeks have been an absolute disaster and I have felt more than once that this killer does not want his actions dragged out into the open. 
I used a template from Amazon to copy in the novel and you would think that everything would fit then. But that was not the case. I got a message that several pages needed to be edited before the manuscript could be uploaded again.
Good as I am, I complied with the request ... a total of seven times! ANGRY
Then an author friend suggested I download Libre Office because Open Office and the template might not work together. 
I did, and got a message three times that there was a virus in the file. ANGRY
Also on my PC nothing wanted as it should. I threw down Libre Office and searched in vain for viruses.
On top of that, I had to do a double duty every other day and had to take care of my daughter's dog while she and my son-in-law were on vacation. And Phoebe is a very sweet, but willful dog that I was out with twice a day for an hour.
Now my cover designer has taken over the book typesetting, so at least "The Time of the Poet" will be published before I have my first reading from the novel on the last Saturday in October.
But, as you say, you can only learn from mistakes, and when "Sinful!" is ready, I'll be smarter about a lot of things.

• Like 1

The fact that it took DJ so many attempts to get the part of Sonny Crockett gives me hope that my novel might turn out to be something after all. 

@jpaul: This is Phoebe, a Golden Retriever

25.10.17.jpg

• Like 3