Definately Miami

timm525

• Administrators

The scene where Tubbs and Gina kick in the door with the refugee (the one at the beginning of the show at the pool that pulls the gun on Tubbs) sitting at the table writing something, Tubbs yells "Freeze Miami Vice...What does Calemente want with Maria Rojas?" and then you hear Gina repeat what he said in Spanish.Question: Isn't Tubbs the one who always spoke in Spanish? It seemed to me that Gina was being used in this scene as a translator and to give her a part in this ep.Anyone else notice that?DDid Gina speak Spanish in any other ep.?

• 2 weeks later...

Timm, Tubbs did do a lot of Spanish as well as Castillo, but Gina did also. She came from Cuba at an early age and raised by her relatives and some came from Cuba some Philly and I think she would have learned the language too. I can't remember off hand but I do think she spoke Spanish in a few episodes but it was mostly Tubbs. And you maybe right that they just did that to have her in a scene, but he needed back up as well. I know he could have said both, but it did make the scene better and again used Gina.....

Timm' date=' Tubbs did do a lot of Spanish as well as Castillo, but Gina did also. She came from Cuba at an early age and raised by her relatives and some came from Cuba some Philly and I think she would have learned the language too. I can't remember off hand but I do think she spoke Spanish in a few episodes but it was mostly Tubbs. And you maybe right that they just did that to have her in a scene, but he needed back up as well. I know he could have said both, but it did make the scene better and again used Gina.....[/quote']I watched the last 3 episodes of Season 2 recently and I recall that she spoke Spanish on several occacions in one or more of these shows. Believe in the show she hails from Philadephia if you can believe what she told Frank Mosca in another episode.

She told Sean Caroon that she was from Philly and had several siblings. Talked about the cheese steaks so I believe it. Besides, they have to make up a story but I think using some things closer to the truth can help from tripping up the story......thanks Sonny-Burnett

The scene where Tubbs and Gina kick in the door with the refugee (the one at the beginning of the show at the pool that pulls the gun on Tubbs) sitting at the table writing something' date=' Tubbs yells "Freeze Miami Vice...What does Calemente want with Maria Rojas?" and then you hear Gina repeat what he said in Spanish.Question: Isn't Tubbs the one who always spoke in Spanish? It seemed to me that Gina was being used in this scene as a translator and to give her a part in this ep.Anyone else notice that?DDid Gina speak Spanish in any other ep.?[/quote']I remember Tubbs speaking Italian in 'Lombard' that's for certain.. I think maybe Gina was attempting to cool the situation out as Tubbs seemed a little terse.

• Administrators

She was nice eye candy, but she was the weakest character in the series.Her acting was...poor at best.Just my HO. Sorry if that offended any Gina fans. Of course, she could still eat cookies in my bed any day. :cheers:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tim, one of my favorite scenes with Gina was the fight she had with Sonny and he followed her into the rest room. I think her best parts was when she would actually allow herself to voice her feelings. I think she held a lot in but differently from Sonny. Trying to keep low and not hurt anyone. Trudy was different, she had that cool way of letting the guys know what was up, whether a look or her mouth..:D

• Like 1

In later episodes it is told where Gina came from and that her mother, who was a singer in a bar, was killed. So I think Gina learned to speak spanish when she was a child, but in this special episode I think they wanted to give her a more important position.Christine

• 1 year later...

Another thing I noticed in this episode(which I love and had to watch the other day) was when the messenger starts to run away From sonny and Rico and the scene changes and you watch him run from across the pool, from left to right and run by Ted Nugent....He's soaking wet as in maybe fell into the pool and it was cut-out or something...Check it out...Kinda cool and he does leave wet foot prints when he runs.....Mike

• Like 1

She was nice eye candy' date=' but she was the weakest character in the series.Her acting was...poor at best.Just my HO. Sorry if that offended any Gina fans. Of course, she could still eat cookies in my bed any day. :cheers:[/quote']I thought Larry was the worst actor out of the six, then Stan.I'll start a new thread...

• 10 years later...
On 5/6/2008 at 10:20 PM, timm525 said:

She was nice eye candy, but she was the weakest character in the series.Her acting was...poor at best.Just my HO. Sorry if that offended any Gina fans. Of course, she could still eat cookies in my bed any day. :cheers:

I guess that she is just not your type. I, on the other hand think that she is the cat's meow !

• 8 months later...

Hi so I'm new to the site. This is one of my favorite episodes. It's not perfect and has some hokey parts, but overall it has a really cool vibe and tone to it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chris Lance said:

Hi so I'm new to the site. This is one of my favorite episodes. It's not perfect and has some hokey parts, but overall it has a really cool vibe and tone to it. 

Welcome to the site. We misspell “definitely” a lot around here. :)