One of the best, most informative articles

Augusta

In spite of how heavily I may think I know Miami Vice, and have the sharpest disc-collection of the series, if I bounce onto a entertainment writer's article from the '80s talking about this show, and the piece is well written, it gets me excited to smile and watch some episodes of my disc collection, like the show is still on tv and I'm waiting for Friday night to arrive so I can watch Crockett and Tubbs.  
The more well-written the article, the more I smile and feel excited to have been part of the series' original audience--and it doesn't matter what "time period" that article or Miami Vice was from.  

I spotted this one today.
https://www.avclub.com/how-miami-vice-launched-the-80s-on-tv-then-died-with-1798232906

To me the writer hits the target about how much credit is really due to whole chain of people who constructed that show, how they were not brought together simultaneously, but were tapped one at a time, each proving to be a master at the kinds of technical decisions he made for the show.  
I never knew I should be giving that much credit to Tarkington, and I didn't know how the fee scheme works for studios and networks.  Wow, so much money spent to create a great thing---never thinking that it automatically leads to so much money required to KEEP a great thing active.  
Nice writing from this article.  That Elmore Leonard quote had me rolling on the floor in laughter!

• Like 2