Nash Bridges Revival

Mr. Calderon

I particularly didnt like the movie pic with cheech. 

Wishing good luck tô the movie and tô him anyway.

Edited by Mr. Calderon

DJ looks more like his character in Kenan than Nash. Jeff Perry is the only one on the board (besides DJ & Cheech) from the old cast. I have mixed feelings about this revival.

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Crockettt said:

DJ looks more like his character in Kenan than Nash. Jeff Perry is the only one on the board (besides DJ & Cheech) from the old cast. I have mixed feelings about this revival.

I thought the same. And If hes crockett, he Will look like Nash.

I think the gray hair and wrinkles are more of a factor than the beard, BUT I think he really looks great for his age!  He’s simply not the young DJ from the 80’s we all know and love, but he can still be great In a series, whether Nash or MV.  

I’ve mentioned it here before, but my wife and I stumbled upon the filming of Nash Bridges on our honeymoon stop in San Francisco.  We will be married 25 years next summer, so I repeat, DJ looks great for his age, and that was almost a decade after MV ended! :thumbsup:

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Agree!

Lose the Beard, do a better haircut, choose an action Photo and choose a better angle. I know by myself these days, hair its thing you cant do much about.

• Like 3

Plenty can be done with the hair, provided there still is some, but how strange would a 70-year old guy look with zero gray?  I suppose he could dye it like 30 years ago, and the same for the beard, but who would believe that?   He looks pretty damn good for 71 years old.  The idea that he’s out fighting crime at that age is the real question I suppose, but I think I’ll take his performance as it comes.

I agree, he looks great for his age!  Gray hair is OK--he's fortunate to still have hair.  Being a "silver fox" is fine.  But I don't care for the white/ gray stubble on his chin!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pahonu said:

Plenty can be done with the hair, provided there still is some, but how strange would a 70-year old guy look with zero gray?  I suppose he could dye it like 30 years ago, and the same for the beard, but who would believe that?   He looks pretty damn good for 71 years old.  The idea that he’s out fighting crime at that age is the real question I suppose, but I think I’ll take his performance as it comes.

Not dye. But the haircut could be better...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I agree, he looks great for his age!  Gray hair is OK--he's fortunate to still have hair.  Being a "silver fox" is fine.  But I don't care for the white/ gray stubble on his chin!

Maybe he’s channeling Tubbs, Switek, and Zito?  :D  They all had beards at one point or another on MV.

• Haha 1

Looks great hope this gets picked up - the schedule of Thanksgiving weekend is a very good one.

Don Is again Executive Producer and show runner.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Finally got to see the movie on youtube.  Not bad. Everyone has been saying how Cheech looked like he was struggling through the scenes. I didn't see that at all. He looked and sounded like the Joe I remember, just older.  I guess running a pot shop is a nod to his Cheech & Chong days? 

Don looks great but I still think he should've lost the beard.  If anyone looked like hell it was Harvey.  I didn't recognize him when he answered the door until I heard his voice.  The young boss just wasn't believable to me at all and I enjoyed seeing Nash kick his ass!   

It was good to see the 'Cuda again but hate the fact that they destroyed it.  As much as I'm a Mopar fan the new Demon (not Hellcat) just wasn't as cool.  The convertible must've been a custom alteration because Dodge doesn't offer a convertible Challenger. Probably done for filming reasons.

Overall I'd give it a B+.   Whether they decide to make it a series again, only time will tell.  If they do I'll watch it but if they don't, I won't be disappointed.

• Like 2