problem with donation

jpaul1

Hello, i recently made a donation (15/10). and paypal sent me a mail saying the transaction had been accepted. the thing is nothing appears on the forum. and nothing appears on my bank account neither. so i'm confused right now. before making another donation, i'd like to know if you received anything timm. i use virtual credit cards for internet payments. it's a temporary credit card system made by the bank to protect themselves, as well as their customers. that system works fine in 90% of the cases, but sometimes it bugs. and as the forum upgrade was slightly bugguey i was wondering if it was an issue. if you fix it, please do not show the amount. you can show the name, but i prefer to keep the amount secret

small update: the donation now appears on the bank account. but nowhere on the site. not on the donations page, and not on profile neither. also the donations page says 2 donors while we're at least 4

• Administrators

So there is some issue since the upgrade with the donations and I’ve yet to figure out why the donations though PayPal and not auto populating to the board when the donation is made. I have been having to manually create them so the members get credit for the donation. I was out of town the last few days and didn’t see the email till now. I apologize for the delay and thank all you for your donations to help me keep the site afloat.

As soon as I get some time from work, I will try to sort this out so it works automatically like before. Until then, please feel free to shoot me a PM too that you donated. Also I have to go off the PayPal email that you guys use and that doesn’t always line up with your Username on the board.

Thanks for the donation and the understanding. :thumbsup: 

If I’ve missed anyone, please let me know so I can add you manually. 

• Like 2

Thanks for your efforts pal. Glad to know the cat won't die of hunger. noticed the donations amounts for secret donations are now hidden even onto members page which personnally i find very nice

Edited by jpaul1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I think I fixed the auto donation issue. Now I need someone to donate 100k so that I can confirm the fix worked. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, timm525 said:

I think I fixed the auto donation issue. Now I need someone to donate 100k so that I can confirm the fix worked. :p

Done. Did it work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Nope another little flaw of the system. The months have never auto switched. Every single month I have to do it which is why some times it goes into the first week before I remember Just one of life’s little joys. :evil:

• Haha 1

i think i messed up. i checked anonymous, while i wanted the amount to be unknown. can you check this please (as usual name yes, amount hidden. thanl you))

it seemed to me the auto update had been fixed. coz it took seconds for my donation to appear on the page. But timm you were also connected at the same time, so i'm not 100% sure. And thanks for fixing my stuff :thumbsup:

• Administrators

No I think I figured out the issue and resolved that one. Now to find out why the auto update on the new month has never worked. :evil:

Thank you for your donation and to all who donate. It really does help and I appreciate it greatly. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thanks. It’s mind blowing to think a darn software program can’t be automated to start the goal over at the beginning of each month. :evil: 

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Administrators

Well I did it yesterday as I have to do it manually. All good now. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1