Poll time #3

Adrian321

Evan vs Out where the buses don't run  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which episode out of Evan and Out where the buses don't run do you think is better ?

• Evan (Season 1)
    • Out where the buses don't run (Season 2)

Since polls here are a great way to start a conversation, I've thought: Why not make another one ?--- What about.......?

After a bit of thinking, I came up with a question. Now on an even smaller level, an episode level.

What episodes ? Evan and Out where the buses do not run         seem like a good pair because most MV fans think they are very good (including me) and some would go even as far to say they are the best (which I personally dissagree with).

This may seem a tough one for some....... so lets vote. And, again, please be honest.

Edited by Adrian321
Forgot something

15 minutes ago, Kladdagh said:

EVAN is a classic episode and one of my favorite ... And I am not alone who share this love :)

I like it too, it is in my top 15 too; not in the top 5 (the best) though....... Out where the buses don't run is also in my top 15, but a bit lower on the scale; not by much.

• Like 1

This is hard and I'm going to vote without looking back at a list of all episodes!

The ultimate MV episode, IMO, is Definitely Miami.  I think it is the best and most succinct expression of Crockett's longing for a real, human relationship while at the same time he knows the woman showing interest in him is using him.  But he plays along because it's part of his job, wondering all along if he's right or wrong.  At the same time, we are seeing the hyper-confident federal agent Dalvo, who has no doubts about his own performance and actions. 

For me, the most memorable scene and line comes in Out Where the Buses Don't Run, when Crockett questions Hank Weldon's former partner:  "You knew, didn't you?  You knew he killed Arcaro."  And Marty Lang answers him:  "I helped him build the wall.  He was my partner.  You understand?"  This episode developed the guest star's history and the activities of Crockett and Tubbs in investigating Weldon's claims about Arcaro's return better than perhaps any other episode, IMO. 

Evan touched me very deeply, although ultimately the past relationship of Sonny and Evan wasn't developed very well.  The scene in which Crockett and Tubbs sit at the gas station and Crockett tells Tubbs the history is very touching.  And the repeated references to confession and doing penance were interesting to me for what they subtly (IMO) conveyed about Crockett's possible background.

When Irish Eyes Are Crying is still a huge favorite of mine.  The destruction of the Daytona was a great scene.  Gina leading with her heart (again) and Crockett trying to protect her was a capsule of their relationship, even if it did give me false hopes of the getting back together!  I don't think they ever could have lasted over the long term, but they had something special and I never gave up hope that it would happen. 

If you only wanted a vote between Evan and OWTBDR, I apologize!

• Like 2