A380

Guest neworder

Guest neworder

Has anyone flown on the super jumbo Airbus A380 here?Just wondering what its like to fly on.Personally, engineering achievements aside, it looks ugly and I'd rather fly a 747 anyday lol, but I wanna see what people who have actually been on it say. SJB*my 300th post on .ws*

Congrats on the post mate! I do enjoy your contributions on here - I often read them even if I'm not contributing to the discussion.I have two sisters who recently returned from a 3 week tour of Australia and mainly New Zealand. They flew the A380 on their return at least and they absolutely loved it - I think they basically said if you didn't already know where you were then you'd probably never guess where you were. Apparently they didn't even realise when they'd taken-off (the exact moment you can usually feel but not so on this plane), and they couldn't even hear the engines noise in the background. They paid a premium to get premium-economy seats - almost double the economy rate but well worth it if you have to do that sort of long-haul - they travelled previously under economy years ago and vowed never to do so again...They had food and drink whenever they wanted it, their own mini-bar with someone manning it all times - from their description it sounded like they were travelling first-class on a sound-proofed bullet train rather than an aircraft!You got any specific queries let me know and I'll ask them.

Guest neworder

Cheers RID, I too enjoy your posts especially the thought you put into your reviews.In some ways I like the fact that it'd be very quiet to fly in i.e getting better sleep but in other ways; I do quite like the sound of some jet engines although the newer ones whine a lot and lack the grunt of older ones so I suppose overall being quieter is much better in today's aviation world. I think this is one area where the new 747-8 will really fall down on, I can't see them improving sound suppression much they'd have to re-design a lot of it.